FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:28:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FINISHED !!  (Read 9519 times)
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« on: April 22, 2014, 05:14:59 PM »
+2

Where did those days go to?

Woke up this morning with a feeling of calm and wondering why there wasn't a feeling of nervous tension. Then I realised it was Tuesday, I was in my own bed and not in the 5th wheeler, not in the BIG4 Park, not sending mass SMS posts, not running around organising anything, not starting my car and the Nationals had finished.

What an event - I am very proud  that the Classic Holden Car Club Tasmania members had the confidence in me when I first proposed the Nationals be held in Tasmania. I am proud that all of our members and seconded members and family worked fluently to provide what we hope was an enjoyable experience for all of our interstate guests.
We hope you all had as much fun as we had and hope that your experience here in Tasmania gives you the 'want' to come back again some time.

Thank you everyone for a successfull Nationals, it doesn't hapen without you. Travel safely home.

Weddo (Bill)
Mrs Weddo (Judi)
and all of the Team at the Tassie Nats
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:39:01 PM »

Thank you Bill & Judi. What a fantastic Nationals you and your team put on.

Wonderful locations, friendly people everywhere, great drives to picturesque spots. And Baskerville Cheesy

Enjoy a well earned break, and expect many more plaudits and positive comments.

Kind regards,

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 08:01:40 PM »

From what I have seen by the way of photo's and comments on here, I would say that it was a very successful nationals.

Very well done and congratulations Weddo, Mrs Weddo and ALL the Tassie Nationals Team.

Cheers, Graeme, Trish and the almost driveable JOX515
Eaton_FE
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »

Weddo,
You and the Tasmanian club have done a fantastic job, Everything ran well and we had a great time.

Thanka for inviting us to your great state, Australias best kept secret.

Les
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 09:22:13 PM »

Thanks Weddo & Mrs Weddo & and all the Tassie team for a GREAT  Nats weekend. We look forward to catching up with you again in Toowwoommbbaa (Huh
Time to sit back and relax now Smiley

We would also like to thank Greg & Hotlips for bringing the harmonic balancer & puller. And the ACT guys who took time from their Nats weekend to fix the wagon, and kept us mobile so we didn't miss any events

Cool Cool Cool & Cathy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cruisin's great with a 58
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 09:25:03 PM »

P.S.   Can we have refund on the  spray jackets we never got to use ?      Grin Cheesy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cruisin's great with a 58
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 09:34:54 PM »

As others have said, we loved our time in Tassie.
The Nats will definatly go down in history for many reasons and for this it will be special to all who attended.
Thank you to all involved in putting on the Nats and take some time to sit back and reflect on what you have achieved for all us FE/FC Holden lovers in giving us some very special memories and friendships, old and new.
Cheers Scott Mckenzie
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 08:27:49 AM »

The ACT crew all made it home safely at about 5pm yesterday (Wednesday). We had an awesome time at the Nat's. Thanks to the Weddo's and the Tassie club for a fantastic time.

Now we can look forward to Toowoomba, less than 2 years to save some more money & make plans.

Cheers,
Graham & Kathy
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 12:53:18 PM »

Thanks to all involved in organising a great Nats. Had a ball catching up with old friends and making new ones. Tassie has so much to offer. Definitely coming back for a second look in the future. Looking forward to Toowoomba in 2016. Take care everyone, Cheers, Jack
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 01:18:24 PM »

Wink Well done Bill and Judi, hopefully your headaches have now disappeared and you are delighting in the accolades you are now receiving. Thank you for a wonderful Nats.  As I had stated before that I would need a bucket for the crossing of Bass strait - I was actually okay - even though both crossings were uplifting - yep - up and down and up and down and slipping and sliding and more slipping and sliding and no, NO sex was involved just the boat letting me know that the weather was rough!!!!   See you all in Toowoomba!!!!!!

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
snuff69

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 06:31:01 PM »

Just arrived home safe and sound, as everyone has said congratulations to Bill and the team from Tassie.  Bring on 2016.  Grin Grin  Dave
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 09:53:43 PM »

Great job Bill and your team we had a great time. 3 more of the Sydney contingent arrived home tonight. We drove from Melb to Sydney in a day not bad going in our 50 + old cars they went like a dream.
Cheers,
Graham
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 10:32:07 AM »

Bill, Judi and the entire Tassie Nationals team

THANK YOU a job well done, a Nations to remember and a great time had by all.

I have been keeping updated on peoples trips home and am starting to think we should have a homeward bound hard luck award. I know of a couple of cars that have ended up on trailers and a few others that have required significant repairs on their way.

Driving our classics across the country is an adventure that I enjoy, I for one am a member that needs to do a little pre 2016 nationals work on my car. my first job is timing gear as Ivy now sits idle on my front lawn stripped, ready and waiting for delivery of new gear. I learn a little more about my car with every nationals. May be after a few more I will have the skills an knowledge to strip the old girl down and do the paint n Panel work she needs (fix that hole in the roof).

Again thank you to every one involved we had a great time. Cheers Jim, Sonja, William and Ivy.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
FE_UTE
wa-club

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 05:45:21 PM »

G'day Bill, Judi and the Nats team...A bloody top effort on the success of the Tassie Nats. Had a ball all weekend catching up with old faces and meeting new ones.
Arrived home today at 10am on a RAC truck after a minor hiccup at Merredin...should have been home at 7.30pm last night..just slowing down to pull into a servo for the last fill and no brakes...bugger...lucky we had the camper as we broke down next to a caravan park ...couple of phone calls and got picked up at 6.45 this morning

Been hearing all sorts of broken parts and cars ..so I hope everyone gets home safe and sound

Cheers
Gary & Lorene

philwreck
sa-club

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »

Thanks Bill and Judi and the Classic Holden Car Club of Tas, also Chris and Chriss (great to catch up with you) we all had a fantastic time and appreciate all your hard work to get everything running smoothly from our perspective.  We love your spectacular state and can't wait to visit again.  Thanks for the Hard Luck Award we are pleased to report that "Red Dog" has fully recovered from its case of parvo and had an uneventful trip home.
See you all in 2 years
Phil, Elaine, Luke, Hayley and Oscar
Trevor_B
vic-club

Melbourne VIC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 06:10:28 PM »

Hi Bill & Judy,
We would like to add our thanks with all the others, a great Nationals and a great chance to tour your amazing state.
Arrived in Melbourne this morning along with about 7 other FE & FC's, always a great sight to see the cars together.

Any chance you could post the list of judged awards and entrants choice please Bill, our other members who did not attend would like to know who were the winners  Smiley

Cheers,
Trevor & Chris.

PS - don't forget the dinner offer and that bottle of red I owe you  Wink

FC Sedan, Ute & Wagon .... only a Panel Van required to make the set
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: