FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:36:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Help with spares  (Read 6339 times)
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2014, 07:21:49 PM »

Smiley Hi everybody - Greg says that should anybody need anything that may have broken along the way to the Nats - we might be able to bring it along as long as it is not too big and we have that part. We are leaving Thursday morning (the day before Good Friday) so if anything is needed, the Wednesday night before would  be the last opportunity for this offer!!!

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 07:42:38 PM »

Kathy / Greg

Noting my last effort and only if you have room can you throw a spare running Grey in the boot "Just in case".

On the serious side, safe travel and see you in Tassie next week.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 08:39:53 PM »

Hahahahha

surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 08:42:14 PM »

Hi hotlips
You wouldn't happen to have a harmonic balancer for a 202 motor would you ? I don't know what it is or how big it is. The mechanic in Adelaide said mine wobbles ( I don't know how serious it is)It ran better when a new belt was fitted. I was going to get the opinion of 100 FC experts in Hobart. Motor is pinging at the moment so I might get a local mechanic to check it all out before then

Cool Cool Cool

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cruisin's great with a 58
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 08:57:05 PM »

I would leave the harmonic balancer till your home if its running dont touch it.

Just buy a new one when your home
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/151270632279?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=107

mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 08:56:43 AM »

Can I suggest buying a new one and carrying it with you on the way home along with a puller. If it's wobbly it could go and once it goes thats it.
If you have the spare and a puller then you can get it going again with a little work no matter where you are.

When you do a proper fix, buy a new one one, don't fit a second hand one. They should be fitted with a new seal as well.

Ken
fink

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 09:41:18 AM »

I've seen these fly off into the radiator,so I'd change it asap,Repco do em trade here for $45 because there on older item.
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 12:34:16 PM »

Fink is right they can take out the radiator and even the fan when the outer ring comes off at revs .Working in auto parts back in the day, many times a warranty claim for these would be for radiator and fan damage . There is little warning and just recently I was turning a mates HD Holden engine over by hand to check the timing when the harmonic balancer fell off .Replacing the front seal is very simple when the balancer is off .Cheers Haydn   
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 07:17:38 PM »

Wink Surferboy - yes Greg has a brand new Harmonic balancer for a red motor and a seal which we will bring along. Do you want to fit it there or take it home cos if you want to fit it there we will bring a puller as well.  Wink

surferboy
wa-club
Guru

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 08:10:14 PM »

Thanks Hotlips
Yes please too balancer & puller
I keep getting conflicting info as to how serious the problem is, and how easy it is to fix.
I'm hoping nothing breaks before we get to Hobart. We still have lots of travelling to do.
The wagon is modified with the 202, V8 radiator (?)(it's big) and thermatic fan.
We were joking on the boat that we could have for sports challenge - each state fixes one problem each on my wagon.
If I have to miss some Nats stuff while 100 FC experts pull the front end off the wagon and make it reliable. I will still be happy Smiley

Cool Cool Cool

surferboy
wa-club
Guru

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 08:12:37 PM »

And seal. Please

hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 10:06:07 AM »

These problems are easy to fix . If not repaired can become real issues .Haydn
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 10:17:27 AM »

Wink Done Surferboy - will bring the the balancer, seal and puller.  Greg says it will take a minimum of an hour to fix but he can't fix it as he has a bad back.

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 10:39:19 AM »

Don't forget the lump hammer  Shocked Shocked......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: