FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 08:15:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cowl vent  (Read 3650 times)
weedy-burton

me love ute long time

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2003, 06:23:48 AM »

Hi All,

I started some minor rust repairs on my cowl vent this morning and by this afternoon they had turned into major repairs.I'm after the section of the cowl from just inside the driver's side wiper to just inside the passenger side wiper, see pic

the pic's are actually of my donor ute but the rust in the cowl turned out to be worse than mine (underneath all the bog) so the search continues.If anyone has one or knows where I can get one it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers

Weedy
P.S I live at Mt Warrigal near Wollongong

He who hesitates is lost.
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 10:56:12 AM »

I have half an fe ute here at present , lucky for you its the front half . Ill check out the cowl vent tomorrow and let you no condition.

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 01:45:48 AM »

Sorry for gettin your hopes up Weedy , This ones about as good as yours . Ill keep an eye out for ya though, No Worries.

slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 02:11:48 AM »

I have one here at present , If I have to cut it out  I want $150 , If you come and cut it out $75. Heres a pic , unless you got it or repaired it already.The whole panel is rust free , I tore the inner matting out and had a good look at it , I also give it a scrub with a wire brush , Its RUST FREE . If interested ring slim 0402465768 .

weedy-burton

me love ute long time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 05:16:18 AM »

Hey Slim

Thats a releif I was just starting to contemplate welding mine up and smoothing the cowl vent.something I realy didnt want to do,so If its rust free its sold.I dont mind removing it myself and have got the next four days off so if we could organise a day/time when I could come up and get it Id be wrapped.

cheers

Weedy

slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 05:50:58 AM »

No worries it yours , And I really didnt want to get it out , so thats even better. Ring me  0402465768 , But I can tell you SAtURday is good for me . If its cool with you , 25 Wendouree street Busby. is my joint . Its near Liverpool .  And bring your tools , Grinder , Oxy , Whatever with you.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 05:52:50 AM by slim » Logged

HARKO
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 12:06:45 PM »

Didnt realise we lived so close Weedy, Im from Balarang -Just off Oak flats before Mt Warrigal ,Driving a light blue FB wagon at the moment and was driving a chopped EK ute for a while (Flamed,Matt black)
What do you drive ? I can give you the old Holden hello if I spot you.
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2003, 04:27:07 AM »

Nice to meet you Darrell , Good luck with your ute rust repair on the cowl vent. Glad to of been some help.

weedy-burton

me love ute long time

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2003, 08:49:59 AM »

Cheers Slim,

It was good to put another face to a name, 2 down 398 to go.I might just drag myself up to your garage sale when you have it and meet a few more of the fellas.Im going to attack the vent on monday, will probably post a pic mon night if all goes well....

Seeya

Daryl ( weedy )

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: