FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:02:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: elec  (Read 1992 times)
joshd57fe

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2013, 11:51:05 PM »

hi guys I have two problems that may be related

the first problem is that the fuel gauge is saying that the car is always full even with the fuel sender not connected we have tested sender and appears to be working.

the second problem is that the blinker lights one the dash are staying on all the time when I put the left hand indicator on the right hand light flashes on the dash but tis working right on the out side

thought I had the bulbs in the wrong side but there is not enough wire length to change them
thanks josh any info will be helpful
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 12:34:07 AM »

First stop is to make sure all the ground/earth wires are getting a good connection.
Most electrical problems are caused by bad earth wire connections.

FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 06:29:00 AM »

Ive had similar issues so i did what stinky is saying  i ran a earth wire from the instrument cluster to the nut that holds the steering column up.

or clean the 2 tangs on the dash that locate the dash facia also the tabs on the fuel and idiot lights earth to the facia so where the screws go thru need to be clean as well.

colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 04:44:09 PM »

Sounds to me like a problem behind the dash, as the others have indicated. Make sure all your dash wiring is in the right spots, I too have a separate earth from the dash carrier to the body as well as the indicator tell tales.

Colin.

colt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: