FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:54:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fe/FC parcel shelf  (Read 12798 times)
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2003, 09:13:42 PM »

I am chasing a FE/FC nasco parcel Shelf if any body has one theyd like to sell . Not a copy or an Ek , Eh one . An original FE/Fc one only . Part Number 7406585 or Part number -M 32029.  Will pay fair price for rite item . Please Contact SLIM 0402465768.

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 01:26:30 AM »

Has anybody got an fe/fc parcel shelf for sale ?

slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 07:58:40 AM »

Has anybody in the club or on the forum got a Fe/ fc Parcel shelf for sale . Help !

robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 08:21:13 AM »

hi slim   whats the difference between fe/c & fb/ek shelves     my wagon has 1   don't know if its genuine or not        its not for sale anyway    sorry          i am chipping away at a bloke who has a stuffed fb     not much good but has scratch plates & parcel shelf   not as wide as 1 in my fc        just have to convince him that he don't need it
                                   trev
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 08:24:12 AM by robbzfc58 » Logged

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 09:51:04 AM »

Hi Trev, I have a parcel shelf that I removed from an EK & also 1 from an FC, the EK one is longer, but apart from that they appear identical.
Gary
croc redundee
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2003, 11:12:58 PM »

My parcel shelf on my FC ute is quite long, sort of runs to the edge of the trans tunnel. Is that correct?
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 02:54:16 AM »

Hi Croc.
It should run right under where the radio (or the delete panel) is. The end is closer to the drivers side than the passenger side (If you get what I mean).
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
crocodile redundee
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 02:11:54 AM »

If thats the case how can you fit a Smiths heater or similar on the trans tunnel?Huh?
craiga
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 03:46:37 AM »

Here's a picture of a heater and parcel tray fitted to Brett Gillard's lovely FC Special.
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2003, 04:36:12 AM »

Hi Croc.
To answer your question regarding the Smiths heater. You Don't!!
Have a close look at the photo that CraigA posted & you will see exactly where it should go.
Regards,
Rob J

59er

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2003, 06:44:27 AM »

Mate, I don't even know how that guy got the heater in. I put my parcel shelf in and there was no way I could get the heater in unless I took the glovebox out. I suppose only if I had it on an angle sloping backwards.The chrome piece that goes between the dash(underneath) and the parcel shelf limits the position where it can go and thus if it's level the heater wont go(Nasco warmaride that is).Regards Kev..
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2003, 10:36:09 AM »

Kev, if you install both the heater and Nasco parcel shelf as per the fitting instructions - they will fit just as shown in Brett's car.  It was designed by GMH to go together.
I have done this many times.  

The EK Nasco parcel shelf is shorter then the FC parcel shelf since the EK heater mounts to the dash and firewall directly above the trans tunnel.
There were aftermarket parcel shelves made by other companies which were different including an FC shelf which runs full width of the car.  I think this shelf could also be fitted to EK as it had universal type mountings.

Ken
59er

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2003, 06:29:52 AM »

Thanks Ken, I don't know if that's good news or bad,as now I'll have to try again. It was a long process last time. Maybe the heater was installed in the wrong position by the previous owner. Ken would you have a copy of the fitting instructions and template for the Nasco warmaride heater please???. Thanks for clarifying this for me as I really did want to put both into the car.  Regards Kev.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2003, 09:35:53 AM »

Kev
I have the heater(Warmaride unit) fitted in centre above the tunnel and I have the nasco parcel shelf fitted.
I drilled one of the mounting holes where the radio back mounting strap bolts to the fire wall .
It is possible to fit them in with a bit of fiddling and measuring and it is still possible to remove heater even with the parcel shelf fitted, as I found out recently when I had to fit a new core.
I know this is not the "prefered"(By the puriest) mounting position for the heater but at least I can alter the front flaps without undoing my seatbelt and in the -5C weather Canberra has you need to play with the heater at times on the move.
Good Luck
John M
PS It is not possible to have the heater and a radio fitted like in the picture using the above, they hit each other.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2003, 09:37:45 AM by fcmayberry » Logged

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
ChrisB

"Shiny Bits"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2003, 10:06:26 AM »

Hey John,
you keep mentioning our minus temps, if you not careful they might want to come and share some of our crisp clean air    Grin

ChrisB  Cool
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2003, 10:41:26 AM »

Hi Chris.
Crisp clean air?? Exactly!! Ice is crisp & clean!! Man, I never tought I would be able to have a go at another State (or territory) regarding the cold weather (I am from TAS). Then, I visited Canberra in mid winter. Man, that is CRISP!!!!!
But I agree, Chris. Those snotty Queenslanders always mouthing of about the hot weather, they do not know what they are missing. Want to be warm? Turn up the heater!!!
Rob J

slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2003, 11:43:19 AM »

You wanna feel cold . GO TO BLOODY ALL HOLDEN DAY NSW.  Richmond is the Coldest place I have ever been, What do ya reckon HARKO. Im sure He will answer , When he has Defrosted. Shocked

Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2003, 07:55:53 PM »

Slim
It was only -2C at Richmond, you should come up to where the real "warm" weather is Canberra.
Chris
Last Sunday morning the air was not so clean, went for a drive and coming back into town at 2pm all you could see was a dirty brown layer of smoke.
A bit like Sydney on a normal day Roll Eyes
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2003, 09:22:24 PM »

Hi.
Being from TAS, I am quite immune to all the "Cold down there" jokes, but would like to point out to all, that it rarely ever gets into the Minus temperatures. Hobart is a very temperate town. On the top of the mountain it get bloody cold, but this winter, we have only gone under 0 degrees one one occasion (-1 c). It was a frost.
Last Sunday was beautiful. 20 degrees. Bit of a surprise, but we all took advantage of it!!! Spring is on the way. Love it.
Rob J

Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2003, 04:01:03 AM »

Tasmania...

Definitely high on my list of must see places.. been there once in a car... Can't wait to go back on board a motorcycle and carve those beautiful roads.. umm I mean sensibly tour...

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: