FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 04, 2024, 10:50:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1958 FC Special Sedan  (Read 5009 times)
mickusmickus

Model: FC

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2013, 11:17:13 AM »

Howdy All,

Due to my recent purchase of a new 1962 Chev truck, the FC project needs to find a new home.  I have owned the car for 10 years and it is currently partially disassembled bit is a rolling shell.  Car was exported to PNG during the 1970s and returned to Australia in the 1980s.

DETAILS:
-  1958 FC Special Sedan.
-  132 engine rebuilt approximatly 4 years ago, still wrapped in plastic and has never been fitted to the car.  Bored out to 149, converted for unleaded, oversized valves, mild cam, brand new water pump still in box.
-  2 brand new extreeme fuel systems stromberg carbs with Cain twin carb manifold.
-  Gearbox un-restored but was worked well before being removed from the car.
-  2 Speed electric wiper motor with FC mounting plate and wiper arm brackets fitted.
-  Rebuilt generator.
-  Reasonably straight body, rust in the usual places, would reccomend an inspection to guage the overall condition.  I have included photos of visible rust, but can also give further information over the phone if required.
-  Sub-frame has previously been removed, sandblasted and is currently in primer along with the fire wall.  Sub-frame is structurally sound, some pinholes are visible in the sheet metal.
-  Front cross member has been removed, sandblasted and powdercoated black.  Fitted with new shock absorbers and rubbers.  Original springs re-installed.
-  Vehicle comes will all bumpers which are showing signs of surface rust/pitting.
-  Stainless mouldings all in good straight condition.  Minor dent in passenger side flash, I have a spare replacement for that.  1 new rare spares side emblem.
-  Dash has been removed as shown in the photos.  All components have been wrapped and labelled.
-  Wilsonia gauge in good working order, photo shown.
-  Original interior in good condition for age, Missing drivers door trim, hood lining sagging in places but has no sign of rips.
-  No floor mat, floor pan looks solid, few minor patch ups required.
-  Workshop and owners manual as pictured along with various other original documentation.
-  Various other spare parts all boxed ready for transport.

Vehicle is available for inspection in Tingalpa Brisbane, I currently work in western qld and am only home 1 week in every 3.  I will be in Brisbane between 7/8/13 and 12/8/13 for anyone who would like to come and have a look.  I can also arrange for the car to be viewed at other times if need be.

Currently asking $4000.

Phone Michael Taylor on 0408 821 773.

More photos to follow
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 11:21:26 AM »

mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 11:23:58 AM »

mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 08:45:42 AM »

Car is now listed on ebay for anyone who might be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271253826570

Cheers

MICKUSMICKUS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: