FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:31:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Death pays a social call  (Read 23313 times)
old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2013, 05:48:29 PM »

Death pays a Social Call.
 With apologies to Damon Runyon and his literary style known as “Runyonese’.

Now what I am doing sitting up in the Cardiac Ward of a Brisbane Hospital one Sunday morning is really quite a story and while I am looking around wondering what wins the 5th at Doomben, just after I take a tumble as they turn the corner, I notice a shadowy figure slink into the room and sit down at the end of the bed.
     This figure is unknown to me and speaks as follows;
      “Hello Kevin, I thought I would drop in on you while I am in the area. I have just signed up a fellow two rooms away who comes to grief on a motor bike. I have had you pencilled in for a visit for some time now and in case you are wondering, my name is Death and  this is just a ' social call'.  How are you going?”
       Well naturally I am shocked more than somewhat and only give him a very small hello!  Actually, if I know what is coming, I will personally only give him the back of my neck.
       Being an old card sharp, he says, “I know all about how you are going, what with the old blood pressure higher than a cat’s back and the stress level up in the" paints", [ie, Court /coloured cards as in a deck of cards], I am locking in my next visit here and booking you a window seat on the next plane out and in case you are wondering, you will be travelling very light, there being no overhead lockers whatever”. 
      I say, “Death! I have to tell you, I am a sucker to airsickness and am not interested in going on a flight with you at this moment!”
      “Well, that being the case”.. Death says. “Maybe now is the time to think about some changes you can make to delay departure”.
       As I look down the side of the bed, I see enough tubes and wires coming from under the sheets to drive a front end loader, so I say as follows..  “Death, feel free to leave at any time and by the way, thanks for the visit.  I will seriously consider what you say and don’t feel rushed to come back any time soon”
      “Have a good day, Kevin”. Death says “ I left a couple of packets of free range, low tar, organic  cigarettes in the locker and if you are interested ,I know where a high powered Yamaha Superbike will be coming on the market very soon and  there is a bottle of Johnny Walker in the bottom drawer.  I know you have all your potatoes on “High Flyer” in the 5th, which is beaten by a dirty nose by an old fleabag named “Heartbeat”, who hasn’t collected since Menzies votes Labour”!
         I watch Death slink back out of the room just as the Nurse comes in and says……… "Kevin,  I notice that you have finally  woken up, so I will now take your blood pressure.”  And as she reaches for my left arm, I glance down and see that all my locker drawers are empty, with the only thing glaring back at me, is one Gideon Bible!!!
         Looking around the large ward, I notice so many old guys stumbling around that you would think it is recess at the Old Men's Home!!!!!!!!
         As I sit here processing what happens earlier & now feeling wiser than a tree full of owls and  what with Death stating that I need to make some changes or my future seems blacker than a yard up a chimney, I have made the decision to sell my collection of completed vehicles.

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 05:49:36 PM »

For those who may not know…..  I have :
•   2 FC Special Sedans and 1 FC Special Station Sedan fully restored as Award winning Stock vehicles.
•   1 FC Windowless Panel Van Street Machine, which, if sold in Victoria, the plates " FC  VAN",  will be included.
•   1 Highly Modified FC Ute Show car. [Street Machine Oct. 2003]
•   All these vehicles are of a very high standard, as the National Co-ordinators of your club will verify and will not look out of place in any competition.
•   In a “perfect world”, this collection would go to one person. This is one of those opportunities to acquire something really unique, having taken me 27 years to put together.
•   Each vehicle will be fully serviced and detailed ready to show. New battery and all trophies received, will be included. This includes National Trophies.
•   If sold in NSW, the stock vehicles on Club Rego will come with Blue Slip if required.
•   I have the history and a detailed photo record of the restoration of each, which can be copied if desired.
•   I can be contacted via this forum.
•   I  am happy to meet you at Ballina or Gold Coast Airport, drive you to the collection and return you as required. There are Motels adjacent to each Airport should you wish to remain o/nite.  [ You may prefer a hire car].
•   This is not an invitation to “Head scratchers” or “Tyre kickers”.
•   The price I am asking, is for LESS THAN the current “build-cost” of each, which only relates to professional services, and does not take into consideration the countless hours  collecting parts, stripping and rebuilding each vehicle.
•   If you have completed a full restoration or are planning one, then you will understand the time, effort and dollars required to build an award winning car.
•   I have allowed myself 12 months to find my collection a good home. There is no rush or thought of a fire sale.
•   I have a fully enclosed trailer and can deliver cars to NSW & QLD by negotiation.
•   The final destination will be Shannon's Auctions if all else fails.  Vehicles displayed in my Museum, Byron Bay NSW.                
•   Prices:

Windowless Panel Van. FC VAN [Vic Rego.]  
Modified Street Machine  186S, 4 speed, HR front end, Torana discs, CB,CD, fully trimmed, HK premier buckets, lowered, jelly bean mags. Hatfield chassis kit, rear stabiliser, 308 Diff.  Driven to Nationals @ Bendigo, Adelaide, Mildura & Jindabyne. Multiple Trophy winner.      
      Marina blue acrylic.             $30,000.00 ONO.
SOLD

FC Special Sedan.  [ OLD-BLU]. 2 tone, Cambridge blue with Teal blue acrylic. Dual Nats Grand Champion. Built 1991 travelled approx 1000 miles since. Museum vehicle on Historic reg.                                             $ 30,000.00 ONO. SOLD

FC Special Sedan. [ MISS - MULLUM].   2 tone, Adobe beige & Seminola brown acrylic.  Built 1998 for 50th Anniversary of Holden where it was awarded 3rd place Stock. Used for Family Formals & Weddings. Travelled 1500 miles , Museum vehicle on Historic reg.  a really, very pretty car.
                                                            $ 30,000. 00 ONO.
SOLD

FC Special Station Sedan. [ BRUEY]. 2 tone, Cambridge blue & Fountain blue acrylic. Built for SA Nats 2008 celebrating 50th Anniversary of the FC Model. Awarded Grand Champion STOCK. Travelled 900 miles since. One owner vehicle, purchased from a deceased Estate. Original plates BRU 936 on hold. Museum vehicle on Historic rego. This is as good as they get!  Invited to enter Motor-X.
                                                              $ 35,000. 00 ONO.
SOLD

FC Highly Modified Utility SHOW CAR. [ MY 59 FC].
     2 tone. Dark blue mica & Candy Apple blue 2 pac. Built for the Qld. Nats 2003, where it was awarded Grand Champion.
 Has been featured in Street Machine [ Oct. 2003]. Incorporates VS Commodore drive train and interior in leather trim. Supercharged Ecotec V6 Auto, 4 wheel discs, Air con, Steel flip front. f/glass lid, Sound system. Fully engineered. NSW rego. BLU 852.  1600 km.
                                                              $ 70,000.00 ONO.

Thanks for looking. Cheers  old-blu.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:05:24 PM by RET » Logged

jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:28:42 PM »

NO, NO, NO, ...... Shocked    Don't do it!  Or at least keep a couple...  please!!

Regards, jack     (another old bastard in 'the holding yard'...)

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 10:28:01 AM »

Kevin,

Glad to see that you are on the mend, and am sorry to hear that you are selling your collection. I hope that your health continues to improve.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 05:57:22 PM »

Sorry to hear you have been in health trouble Kevin (or Uncle Kevin as I think of you since our surprise meeting at a wedding a little while ago).  I hope all is well now.  I see you only say you are selling the restored cars - does that mean there are others still in the queue to be done?  I seem to remember that there were.

All the best - stay well
David

GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 10:25:15 PM »

Hope everything picks up for you Kev, I am always thinking of you. Hope to see you, with or without a car at the Tassie Nats if your health improves enough.

All the best Scotty
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 08:11:53 AM »

Smiley Kevin glad to see you smiling and looking relaxed.  So sorry you have decided to sell your collection but I guess it will come to all of us sometime.  How is Margaret coping with the lifestyle change (let alone you)?  If I had the money I would not hesitate to purchase one of your beautiful cars - you certainly know how to do excellent restos.  Are you going to Tassie, as we have missed you at the last Nats or two, but if we do not get the chance to see you, all the best for the future and may it be a long one!! 
Cheers Hotlips (Kathy) and Greg (SA members)

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
jimbo
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 02:16:15 PM »

Hi,
I am interested in your windowless panel van.  I am in the process of selling my "other make" car, and would like to think I may be able to purchase your van.   Is there any way you could send me some pictures of the van.  Rather than post them on this site could you email them to me?  If you can my email address is
Some part of this message have been locked
You have to Log-In to unlock it
 Hope to talk further.
regards
Jim
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:02:01 PM by RET » Logged
old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 05:55:50 PM »

Hi Jim. I will send you some photos as a private message.  Regards Kevin.

jimbo
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 05:09:36 PM »

Kevin,

Thanks...Looking forward to seeing them...

Regards

Jim
fink

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 07:06:01 PM »

Go for a drive Jimbo,that's if your keen enough,hate to see you miss out if it's what you really want !
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 07:11:18 PM »

•   The final destination will be Shannon's Auctions if all else fails.  Vehicles displayed in my Museum, Byron Bay NSW.                

that museum wouldnt be open to the public at all would it...? Wink

J
old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 09:13:33 AM »

Jim. Could you let me know if you received the photos & history Document I sent you concerning "FC Van"? Hate to think you are still waiting! Our property is now on the Market .      Regards Kevin.   

old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 10:37:04 AM »

If only I had put in your correct email address. I had a "Woman's look" & found the error. Kevin.

NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 12:47:01 PM »

I would absolutely love that Red / white one!!

old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 07:52:03 PM »
+1

I delivered the Adobe Beige & Seminole Brown Sedan to a Vic Club Member 2 weeks ago. Yes, It is a beautiful car!   My other one , "old- blu" is of the same standard & has not sold as yet.  Kevin.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 07:35:58 AM »

Original ad updated to show remaining vehicles for sale.

OLD-BLU

MY-59-FC

More photos of these vehicles are available here.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 04:06:46 PM »

Kevin notified me a week or so back that OLD-BLU has found a new home, but I was a bit slack in updating the thread. Embarrassed

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 06:43:51 PM »
+1

This post is to thank Richard for his help in placing both the Story, DEATH PAYS A SOCIAL CALL, as well as his updates onto the Forum, as vehicles were sold. I guess that the final step in the Restoration journey is to find each vehicle a "good home", with an owner who appreciates the effort put into each car and has the interest, enthusiasm,means and the intent to care for these vehicles.  For those that may be interested, The Station Sedan went to a Club Member in Toowoomba, Miss Mullum  now lives with another member in Victoria, FC VAN is getting used to the cold weather in the Blue Mountains with a NSW Member and "old-blu" was recently delivered to the Sunshine Coast.  I have been asked a number of times if I have had regrets about selling down my Collection. The short answer is NO!  I am confident that each vehicle will be enjoyed and maintained into the future. As we  relocate to a Suburban block, I will be able to keep 2 vehicles at home and a 3rd in storage close by.  The Modified Ute is a high end Restoration and one which I will probably own until I catch the last plane out with my "Slinky Mate". How could I not be happy about that?  Having built that ute and then driven it around "the Mountain" @ the Orange Nats behind the pace car, I smile just reliving that drive and laugh about comparing it to the time in 1959, when I drove  my Austin A40 around that same track.   Thanks again to Richard and I look forward to catching up again in Toowoomba.  OLD-BLU.

old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2023, 02:54:16 PM »

Having now found new owners for all my Stock Vehicles, the next step is to relocate some very special items from my Museum.
             * The Cabinets are from a HOLDEN DEALERSHIP dating back to the release of the 48-215. They became fragmented @ Auction & it took some effort to put this collection back together. They are "the real deal", set up as suggested by NASCO, @ that time. They have been on display @ my Museum for 30+ years & are in very good condition.
             * The HOLDEN SIGN is from a Dealership. It is in excellent condition & comes with the frame & back lights. I have it wall mounted , however, it was originally pole mounted @ the street frontage of the Dealership.
                                 IF YOU HAVE THE ROOM IN YOUR "MAN-CAVE", THEN OPPORTUNITIES LIKE THIS ARE FEW & FAR BETWEEN.   Contact via this Forum... [no "head scratchers" or "tyre kickers", please!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: