FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:59:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rare spares chromework  (Read 9051 times)
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2013, 01:51:15 PM »

Well i definitely wouldn't recommend anyone getting their chromework done through rare spares Brisbane, this is what i found when i unwrapped my $800 grill after 3 yrs. sitting in the box they sent it in and still wrapped in the bubble wrap, also the backs of everything was so badly finished i had to paint it all, NOT HAPPY  Angry Angry

Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 04:48:50 PM »

Sorry to hear about the chrome Pedro. Guess the old saying is "should have checked when i got it back". I guess the chain around the repainted parts is to keep "rare spares out". (haha).
Brett
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 05:36:04 PM »

Pedro, I'd get onto Rares head office about this, every time I have had a problem they have been helpful and resolved it.

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 06:20:51 PM »

In their defence they are a third party and probablly have no idea of the chromers shodyness. they probably just forwarded the package i suppose..

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 07:38:36 PM »

I'm going to ring them and let them know but i don't have time to wait for an outcome, the painter is going to need the grill soon so i'm going to take run down to the Gold coast tomorrow and drop it in with my other chromework to get done properly, thinking about it though they charged $800 to do the grill but the company i'm getting the rest done at is only charging me around $2000 for the whole rest of the cars worth, forwarded the package and made a tidy profit by the sound of it.
              Pedro

F4+
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 08:39:48 PM »

Pedro
When your talking to the guys at GC let them know you a very particular and that it needs to be show quality.

Just a hint  Wink Wink

Are you heading to Cooly Rocks on next weekend?

Cheers

Craig
KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 08:35:58 AM »

Pedro  When you go down the coast bear in mind that Kevin usually leaves about 10:30 in the morning.  He works during the night.

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 08:49:40 AM »

Pedro

Are you heading to Cooly Rocks on next weekend?

Cheers

Craig

Pedro and Craig - if you are going, pm me a mobile nbr. We'll be there Wed (5th?) till Monday 10th... be great to catch up  Smiley

cheers, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 11:04:04 PM »

I guess the chain around the repainted parts is to keep "rare spares out". (haha).

More like for me to neck myself on when i forget it's there Wink Cheesy

Sounds good to me Jack, only problem is i don't have a mobile, pm me your number in case i can't find you, we could all arrange to meet somewhere at a certain time, you'll be there a lot earlier than the rest of us and you have my number so if you scope out somewhere where we could meet you could ring me and i can let anybody else who wants to meet up know on here, what about you Dean you going this year.
   Pedro

F4+
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 07:18:35 AM »

Hey Pedro,
Last year I met up with Leon & cruised up with him (was awesome). This year the cars not g I ing so I might try and make a day trip up on the day that everyone is going to meet up....been too long.
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 08:07:14 AM »

[quote Sounds good to me Jack, only problem is i don't have a mobile, pm me your number in case i can't find you,
[/quote]

Yet you have a Facebook account time for a mobile  ph driving the FC it may come in handy. ( or carry a spare crank angle sensor highly  recomended)  Grin

I got my old man a PH he swore he would never have one real basic with big buttons on a pre paid plan. as he has just about finished his A model pickup i said theres bound to be teething issues ..

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 09:07:26 AM »

This year the cars not g I ing so I might try and make a day trip up on the day that everyone is going to meet up....been too long.

Yeah i'm only planning on going for the day/evening too Dean, i think i'm coming down with Chook and Mandy(daughter) so at least i'll be able to have a few beers, next year i'll just chuck my swag in the back of the wagon Grin

or carry a spare crank angle sensor highly  recomended

Huh Huh Huh I thought these engines were supposed to be super reliable Huh Huh Huh Wink, I had a mobile ph. Pete but i chucked it, I've never been a big fan of telephones i'd rather talk to people face to face and i hated the fact that people could ring me anywhere anytime day or night, it's a good idea carrying one on the first few runs though living in a rural area there's nothing once you get out of town and it's a long walk back, Chook gave me his old mobile the other day i might just get a prepaid card temporarily.
               Pedro

F4+
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 09:39:36 AM »

They are normally but only 2 things break air flow meters and crank angle sensors can play up.
They are 25yrs old after all.

jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 10:11:33 AM »

only problem is i don't have a mobile,
   Pedro

PM sent, Pedro  Smiley

I've only recently and very reluctantly acquired a mobile... It usually lives in the shed somewhere. On the odd occasion that I need it, I get one of my sons to ring it so I can find it...

I don't know my number; I have to ask the Leader of the Opposition what it is if anyone asks...  Roll Eyes she then looks it up on her phone...

My sons have these fancy new phones - "smart" apparently; mine's just a stupid phone; it only does two things that I know of - you can make AND receive phonecalls

Hope to see you in sunny (??) QLD

cheers, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 11:28:16 AM »

Hope to see you in sunny (??) QLD

Looking forward to catching up Jack, wouldn't count on that sun though it's been a bit damp around here lately, that's a good idea re leaving the phone in the shed, if i leave it in the wagon i'll only hear it when i'm in the car Wink, it shouldn't really be a problem now though last time i had one for work and people were always ringing me about jobs this time it will just be an emergency phone (which i hope i'll never need), funny how a lot of us older people don't like phones all that much whereas young people can't live without them nowadays.
   Pedro

F4+
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »

Jack

Sent you a text yesterday   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.
Better call Rita eh!!!!

Pedro

Are you heading down Saturday.
If so where do you want to meet?

Cheers
Craig
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 08:27:58 PM »

Hey Craig,

I did read your text, and I even got one of the boys to put your mobile nbr in my phone! Thought I'd pm you back as I'm not up with that texting business - too hi-teck for me...  Roll Eyes

Hopefully we can arrange an FE/FC meeting next weekend  Smiley

I'll supply the cups of tea, Dean might bring a sponge cake, you could bring the cream (FC), and I'm sure Pedro will supply the pumpkin scones...  Wink

see ya's soon!

cheers, jack

DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 08:58:11 PM »

Looks like I have permission to head up on Sunday.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 09:10:57 AM »

I'll supply the cups of tea, Dean might bring a sponge cake, you could bring the cream (FC), and I'm sure Pedro will supply the pumpkin scones... 

see ya's soon!

Am i talking to the right Jack here,  Huh Huh cups of tea, scones  Huh Huh, what happened to the beer, rum and pies  Wink Grin Grin

Looks like I have permission to head up on Sunday.

Bummer Dean unfortunately i'm heading down Sat. as i have a family day Sun., I'm going to wait on Jack letting us know where to meet up Craig what time were you thinking of being there, i was thinking some time after lunch so we can have a beer(light) later but nothing is set in stone i can get there pretty well anytime.
    Pedro

F4+
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 09:12:42 AM »

Pedro

I will be heading down after lunch on Saturday and staying overnight.

Agree on the beer though Grin Grin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: