FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 12:22:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Windlace Colour  (Read 4213 times)
CoolFCWgn

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2013, 12:41:09 PM »

I'm looking at replacing the windlacing on my FC Standard  Wagon , body colour is Skyline Blue with Blue interior.

The old windlacing is a dark red and does look to be original,  though seems an odd colour to put with blue.

Appreciate if someone could confirm what the original colour of the lacing should be.

Thanks.
fink

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 12:56:48 PM »

Black with a silver fleck running through it as far as i know,your trimmer can cover the repo stuff with whatever you wan't. Gaz! Grin
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 01:47:30 PM »

Ken would be the one to definitively answer this but in my experience the FEs all had a single colour windlace, FC Special have the black with silver fleck (not available), not sure about the FC Standard though.
Coloured windlace is available through http://www.daleys.com.au or I can supply at around $15 per metre plus post.
The windlace profile is available from Daleys or Clark Rubber for custom windlace.

Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 03:20:28 PM »

Hi,
I have to disagree: FE's had different windlacing colours for the various trim codes (as to how many, I will have to look up my records, but I believe it to be 7!); FC's had less colours, but still more than one (and different to FE's).
As it is almost impossible to get an 'off the shelf match these days', get your trimmer to source from the thousands of available upholstery fabrics the match that you think best matches the original, and make your own windlacing. Almost nobody will know it is not an original spec.
As to Red Windlacing, on a Blue Car: London to a brick on, something is not factory original.
Geoff_k
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 05:35:47 PM »

I believe FC standard has black wind lace with no silver fleck. EJ The parts book is very vague about this but it does list a different part number for FC 219 compared with FC 229. FC 215, FC 217, FC 2106 & FC 2104 don't even get a mention. Would help if I had a FC parts book!
The FE parts book lists 10 different colors including black for FE.

I specifically know the FC 217 I did had plain black wind lace with no fleck.

Ken
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 05:45:51 PM »

I have to disagree: FE's had different windlacing colours for the various trim codes
That's what I meant, sorry

ardiesse
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 09:47:40 AM »

When I got my FC Standard sedan, it still had its original windlace, which was black with metal thread.  I could only replace it with solid black.

Rob

Remember: if your Holden's not leaking oil, it doesn't have any.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: