FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:21:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Compliance plate  (Read 2254 times)
fe215

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2013, 05:08:13 PM »

Hi all,
I've tracked down an FE panelvan that would make a challenging restoration project. I'm a little shy of buying it at it doesn't have any compliance plates. What are the ramifications of  this when it comes to re-registering? Is there anyone out there with similar experience? Is it possible to buy a unused plate and recycle it? and what does that do to the difference between plate number and chassis number?

Thanks

FE 215

Ken, the only number I have at the moment is 728585M; so that would make it FE 2104 728585M
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 05:16:56 PM »

I am in a similar position with my van.
 i got tags off a mate he  has a heap of tags so I got van tags  I dont think anyone really cares on such an old car as long as they have some numbers to put on paper.
same as the chassis I dont think anyone cares .

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 07:31:33 PM »

The number you have is the chassis number. 7 stands for 1957, the rest of the number is the sequential build number. 28585 M means that it is the 27585th FE built in Melbourne.
The body number on the ID plate would be completely different to this number and much smaller.
As stated no one really cares what the ID plate says, any van plate will be ok to put in place on your van.
In Victoria re-registration is aided if some history of prior registration is known, but it is not essential. Proof of ownership (a receipt ) is all that is required. Old registration records contain only engine number and chassis number

Ken
fe215

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 10:46:26 PM »

On the basis of all this does anyone have a panelvan compliance plate to sell? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

FE 215
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 05:06:08 AM »

Ill pm a number to ring.

Pete

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print