FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 04:34:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Grey Pride - 2013 - Ten years  (Read 4927 times)
Kathy

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2013, 12:16:35 PM »

Grey Pride is on again in Berrima on Sunday 19 May 2013.
The Marketplace, corner of Old Hume Highway and Market Place

10 Years of Grey Pride - Around 100 cars have attended Grey Pride each year since its inception in 2004. The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW, the FE-HR Holden Owners Club ACT and a host of other early Holden clubs will again celebrate the early Holdens, particularly those powered by the mighty “Grey” Motor: the original 48-215, FJ, FE, FC, FB, EK and EJ models. Of course, the event is open to all Club Members’ Holdens, not just those that run a grey. Entry is by gold coin donation, with all proceeds going to the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia.

Folks are urged to bring the family along: there's plenty to see and do in Berrima. There will be a Barbecue available selling sausages and egg and bacon rolls.
FC Dave

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 03:02:58 PM »

Hi, just  wondering what time you will be there? I am in Robertson & want to come & have a look.
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 03:52:16 PM »

We are due to be there by 11.00am, so cars will be rolling up from before that.  Due to finish at 3.00pm, but there may be early departures.

Make yourself known to anyone near an FE or an FC and it's a pretty good chance it will be a forum member.

Cheers
David

FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 07:25:57 PM »

Thanks for that. Should be a good day. Might bring the Inter out for a run. It has a BIG grey engine. lol. I'll be looking around your Holdens, green with envy.
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 01:18:21 PM »
+1

Even better - I can take the FE now it has working rear lights.  There must be a dodgey earth somewhere - first the tail lights weren't working, but everything else was, then the brake lights weren't working but everything else was.  I changed both light globes and had tail lights but no brakes.  I tried them with only one rear light fitting earthed, I said a few words of encouragement to the wiring, light globes and the world in general.  Pull them out, push them in again, retest and hey presto - by magic everything works. Touch nothing, test nothing further, trust that tomorrow it still all does what it was doing last time I tested today.

I call this the Berrima curse.  Every other year something goes wrong - once I had to park at Collector and catch a ride when I had a huge engine cough and puff of smoke on the highway (which I understand to mean DON'T press on regardless, but I never found anything wrong afterwards), another year I got out of the park to go home and had no clutch - the tow home was the most terrifying ride I've had as all I could do was think about the "Power assisted brakes" sticker on GP's EH that was 6 feet or less in front of my car and that I didn't have power assisted brakes and we were going at highway speeds.

Ok - it will all be alright this year - the curse struck early and I will have brake lights/tail lights/ blinkers and even have them all working at the same time.

See you in Berrima tomorrow (fingers crossed)
David

FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 05:58:37 PM »

Have a good trip. Sounds like the bugs are out of the system.
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 05:40:13 PM »

I had a good look over your Inter - very nice.  Maybe the FC next year?

Cheers
David

(There and back again without needing to be towed - what more can you ask for?)

Rustysdungers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 07:17:35 PM »

Love your inter had a look at it I have a as 120 where did you get those hub caps I need a set
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 07:25:57 PM »

Glad you made it & back. I didn't get home without a hiccup, blocked fuel filter. I had filled up out of a 44 drum rotting on the inside at my yard. Run some old fuel out, new filter & got home. Yes Fc next year.  Great day. I,m guessing lots of you go to Richmond/Clarendon early August.

On the hubcaps, mine came with my ute. I had them rechromed. They seem to be hard to get. I have seen a re-done set on evilbay for $1000. Like a lot of old utes, they have had the farmer/tradie treatment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: