FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:35:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HQ or Torana stub axles  (Read 11655 times)
waynos

Model: FC

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 12:14:56 AM »

are you talking about ackerman angles?

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 02:01:16 PM »

both.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 04:42:01 PM »

Actually I believe that only hg ht are any good as hq short arms dont give u right toe out on turns either cos they have no bend.

I am running CRS/Waddingtons drop stubs coupled to a Rod's Rack's Torana rack with twin piston 290mm Falcon front discs. From memory I needed to source HQ drum brake steering arms for it all to work. Not sure if they are the 'short' or 'long' arms as you describe.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 07:46:39 PM »

HQ short arms are only used with power steering on HQ HZ...... FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 08:52:49 PM »

I'm chasing a set of HQ or Torana stub axles and bottom sub frame bolts so I can get this car up and rolling.

Happy to pay freight and would prefer complete units ready to bolt up.

Cheers

Ben

Getting back to the original question, if you are going to go with a rack, which is what I would assume, then rear mount is the only way to go and depends on what you plan on doing later, but if you just want to get it rolling in the shed then anything will do but if you plan on not having a massive stub hoppers upgrade then the hq are not the better option I believe....confirmed with an engineer too. Depends on your setup.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 08:58:27 PM »

HQ short arms are only used with power steering on HQ HZ...... FC427......

Unless you have drop spindles with the correct geometry, but  doubt whether it would be perfect hey. It's in the curve in conjunction with the pivot point     in conjunction with the relationship  to the track (wheel selection) in conjunction with the relationship with the missus... in conjunction with  Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes isn't it  Huh

Deano

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: