FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 08:21:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: difference between fe fc doors  (Read 3913 times)
GMHwagoon

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2013, 03:51:32 PM »

have noticed on a few doors l have that the holes for the top  chrome strip sit in different positions 
  the strip on the front door runs from the base of the front screen to the rear near the handle but some
  of the holes on the door  run  higher near the glass  others  the line of holes runs lower
  is there a difference between fe doors and fc doors,  fc special doors
   thanks greg

FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 04:03:22 PM »

Hi Greg

FE special doors have the stainless trim up higher.
FC special sit a bit lower and FE FC poverty packs have no holes no stainless.

Pete

GMHwagoon

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 04:13:29 PM »

thanks pete

l have a couple of good  door shells that look like they are fe
    l need fc special
     what it looks like  l will  do are half skins , weld up the fe holes and re drill for fc special
     has any body used the Craig Vain door skins from  Queensland , what are they like
     and how far up the door do they go  do they reach the middle door stainless trim
         thanks greg

fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 12:44:38 AM »

while your on the subject of doors and skins, Pete, whats the best way of removing the old skin. Some peel back the seam fold but the other method I have been told is to grind back carefully the seam folds. Whats the best option for full skin replacement do u think. I patched some doors up but I am thinking of reskining or having a go at using a wood block and template to make them up myself. not sure if I can get the fold nice though.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: