FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:19:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Started on the Wagon.  (Read 57736 times)
Crumpsnr

Model: FC

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2014, 11:35:41 PM »

It looks just as good in the flesh too! Magic job Dave. Smiley
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2014, 09:15:40 PM »

looks great Dave,credits to you,love the wagons
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2014, 10:02:22 PM »

Looking good Dave.

Colour scheme really good.

R
Craig D
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2014, 09:30:33 PM »

Well, after the posts about the wide rims & a lesson learnt. (not the hard way thankfully, maybe just hard on the pocket). It looks like the wagon will get its standard boots back on. I have not bought new tyres yet. If this is the case, there could be a set of torana rims in Adobe Beige with new tyres on the market.

Shed being extended on Saturday(Only 2m, not enough room for another one). Just a bit more room to play. Sheds are never big enough.
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2014, 09:55:32 PM »

Looking really good Dave, hope mine comes up as good.  I noticed you mentioned rubber from betta auto rubber at Nerang - did you get other rubber from them and if so, what is the quality and fit like.  I am not far from put back together  stage myself.  Cheers, Graeme
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2014, 10:34:02 PM »

Hi Graeme. I called in there in person while on holidays. Spent about an hour, quite a passionate bloke about his job. I found all the bits to be of good quality, with not only rubber, but heaps of other items as well.Dave
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2014, 10:40:41 PM »

Thanks Dave, will get what I can from him as his stuff appears to be good when looking on ebay
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2014, 01:27:16 PM »

Wow finished already Dave, you certainly put the rest of us to shame  Wink, looks like new you must be stoked.  Cool Cool
   Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2014, 10:49:17 PM »

Great work Dave,looks fantastic and the ute looks beautiful as well.Looks like it's a tight fit getting the ute under that door though! Cheesy Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2014, 09:58:08 AM »

What is the next project  Huh Huh Huh.....FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
smitty

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2014, 07:20:08 PM »

Congrats on getting the wagon done, looks incredible!! great job Smiley
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2014, 08:40:20 PM »

Thanks, I still have wipers,some interior , wheels, and some other electrics to sort out. It was handy my mate Donny doing the paint etc, so I did cheat a bit.  He needed the space so I did a few nights, weekends etc. Fertilizer spreading is slow in January, so I had a bit of time up my sleeve to do some fun stuff. The shed is now 2m longer for a bit more space. I had to lift the roller door channel about 3 inches to get the Inta in. Such a big cab. Bear in mind, the same size cabs were used on the utes right up to the R190 prime movers.
I could have done a lot more to the wagon, But she is tidy enough for my budget & should be a bit of fun. I should have some plates on for Grey Pride at Berrima.
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2014, 12:03:20 PM »

Those old Inters , they [some] are early ford stud pattern [the light rims] . Could get an old set of rims and tyres 13" maybe ,just to move it in and out of shed . Also handy for vertically challenged people [like me] to paint and polish roofs . Its a beautiful wagon by the way .Haydn
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2014, 06:08:45 PM »

Thanks Haydn. Your right, the old Inters are on the ford/chrysler stud pattern. the hub centres  on the Inters are quite large, so the only challenge is  to find rims with a large centre hole. I have bought a Dodge Challenger diff for the ute,so it will give me 3.55 ratio & a handbrake at the back wheels and keep the same stud pattern. It is on 7.50/16's at the moment. I think they came out on 6.00 or 6.50/16. I parked near an EK ute once, made it look like a midget.
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2014, 08:24:09 AM »

Yes the tyres on a stocky can be a problem . The wagon looks beautiful and up here in Brissy you can get 185/80/ 13 in whitewalls . They would look classic with a set of early dress rims . The only problem I had was that the springs were set for the lower profile [softer] and cornering was frightening with the stockies . Even so stiffer springs and double action gas shockies will work with std wheels but keep an eye on the rear top shocky mounting panels ,they may not cope with double action . I was watching the news and noticed that Thargomindah had its largest rainfall since 1989 . I was out there and had spent 6 weeks flooded in a shearing shed about 30 miles from the township .I got out of there and into my FE sedan and headed back to Brisbane but hit a washout across the road [about 2metres across and half a metre deep] and it ripped the panels and half the boot floor out and I
made the rest of the trip with my luggage in the car with me and the headlights in the trees.Haydn

hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2014, 10:08:49 AM »

Yes, that Inter. tailshaft handbrake causes a hell of a stink in the cab if you forget and leave it on . I had a Dana 411 full floating on mine because the previous owner was the local fuel distributer and always overloaded it and was frightened of breaking a axle and it sitting on the side of the road . Haydn
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: