FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:47:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HR Prem Wagon tailgate Switch  (Read 4759 times)
Rick 123

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2013, 04:29:34 PM »

Does anyone on here have a pic of where the rear tailgate switch goes on the dash of a Hr Prem Wagon,I've tried the other forum with no luck
Rummy

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 09:33:58 PM »

G'day Rick,not sure if this is the correct spot but above centre console under dash on lip so that switch sits flush with dash. If this makes sense! But could be placed anywhere along this lip.i will upload a photo of mine tomorrow arvo. Rummy
Rick 123

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 08:49:55 AM »

G'day Rick,not sure if this is the correct spot but above centre console under dash on lip so that switch sits flush with dash. If this makes sense! But could be placed anywhere along this lip.i will upload a photo of mine tomorrow arvo. Rummy
Thanks, Do you also have a pic of  safety switch on tailgate
Rummy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 09:03:04 AM »

Mate I don't know about any safety switch,mine is a hd maybe only a hr thing not sure. Rummy
Rick 123

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 02:33:02 PM »

There is some type of Earth switch on tailgate to stop window being operated with tailgate open.
Not even sure what it looks like cause i dont have one
Rummy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 06:22:34 PM »

Rick,I had a look at tail gate & couldn't see a switch as such but window doesn't operate in open or down position only when closed.trying to work out how to send photo via tapatalk but not having any clue on how to send,maybe pm me with your email address so I can try that way.Rummy
Rummy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 10:51:52 PM »

Rick 123

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 07:18:15 AM »

Thanks heaps for them pics,The white wire thats inside the tailgate earthed is the one that the wiring diagram says is for the safety switch
Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 01:17:14 PM »

Hi Guys.

There is nothing Premier about the electric tailgate window in HD/HR. They were an option on all the wagons on those series, Standard, Special & Premier. There are plenty of Prem wagons out there without them.

I suppose it was more commonplace on Premier, because Premier buyers may have spent more money on options.

From memory the safety switch was operated by a small lever located near the RH tailgate catch instead the jamb, you can easily see it with the tailgate lowered.

Dr Terry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: