FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:06:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Heart Transplant - adding 172ci  (Read 450918 times)
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 06, 2013, 09:14:39 PM »

The link Pete has posted shows the same switch I have. I got them as a package from Acedux Hotrods but I think Bluewire motorsport also sells them.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 06, 2013, 10:15:39 PM »

Yeah that first link looks the goods

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 06, 2013, 10:53:57 PM »

Found another one
http://www.streetrodhq.com/detail/4188/Window_Crank_Electric_Square_Shaft.html

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »

I have this from an HK  and think that the large single ones with a bezel may cover the hole but I don't have any.

JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »

I guess if you are going the old look... Not sure what you are after.
I like the idea of the handle switches... Very descrete.

Phone +64 223509263
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2013, 01:19:23 PM »

i know whats going thru his head..  Grin

Can i adapt an elastic band from my stock handle to my commodore switch.....

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2013, 03:16:57 PM »

i know whats going thru his head..  Grin

Can i adapt an elastic band from my stock handle to my commodore switch.....

Ba hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Hmmm can I?

Switch in the hole is just a thought but I really like the converted handles (or the rubber bands  Grin)

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2013, 10:44:01 PM »

So I can't find any rubberbands tough enough for switches .....

Anyway quick update for today, installed engine and box to put weight on wheels and line up the rack properly. Mounts welded on now just have to drill the holes for the bolts.

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2013, 11:20:30 AM »

So continuing with wiring and noticed this- the VT body control module cover is twice the size of the VS version but inside the board is the same size (although completely different). So to save room I put the VT board inside the VS plastic box. This then mounts up under dash and matches the key head to the security code in the computer

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2013, 11:26:20 AM »

Also noticed the power window motor channel is curved for VT and was worried about the channel kink if I tried to straighten it. But no kinks so should work for doors. Realised the back door ones would be better for the front as it is straight up and down and scored another pair very cheap

brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2013, 02:23:10 PM »

Nes, Dont forget to either put the original sticker back onto the new casing or write the numbers from the old sticker onto the new case. This is so that if you have problems down the track and need to replace the BCM then you have the correct one. They are different depending what vehicle it is from and what options were on that particular vehicle. Also these are not being made anymore as Australian Arrow were the suppliers and no longer support Holdens. Also when programming new remotes to these vehicles either by a locksmith or Holden, you will need a security number. This can be extracted from the key head by a locksmith providing it is in working condition. Otherwise it can be extracted from the BCM providing we know what model vehicle it came from and also providing it is working. Best you start to write this info down for future reference. Any questions let me know.
Regards brett
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »

Nes, a panel beater mate of mine said the best way to straighten the runner out was to put it between two bits of steel angle and clamp it in a vice. This will flatten it out without damage.
Regards Jim

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2013, 08:53:11 PM »

Nes, Dont forget to either put the original sticker back onto the new casing or write the numbers from the old sticker onto the new case. This is so that if you have problems down the track and need to replace the BCM then you have the correct one. They are different depending what vehicle it is from and what options were on that particular vehicle. Also these are not being made anymore as Australian Arrow were the suppliers and no longer support Holdens. Also when programming new remotes to these vehicles either by a locksmith or Holden, you will need a security number. This can be extracted from the key head by a locksmith providing it is in working condition. Otherwise it can be extracted from the BCM providing we know what model vehicle it came from and also providing it is working. Best you start to write this info down for future reference. Any questions let me know.
Regards brett
All over it like a dirty rash mate, Infact I have from both VT commodores a full set of matching BCM's, computers and a pair of keys witht he correct barrels.
So far I am running EVERYTHING from the donor SS so I know it matches and "should" work.
I have also "chipped" the computer to run stage 4 performance and should be almost 200kw with just that. Once I get it running I'll show the other tuning program I have been using to do things like remove airbag warnings etc (not the one earlier in the post). That'll be a while off yet though.. Roll Eyes

Thanks for the tip fcwrangler... Problem I have now is the window channel is too close to the door skin and not enough room for the motor to sit in. More brain stuff required, or a beer and a wild thought.
FCHOON: rubber bands for windows too? Tongue Tongue Tongue

FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 20, 2013, 10:48:45 PM »

When you calm down about the rubber band comment send me a switch i have a ultra tight arse solution i think.

Might as well chip it to stage 10 old timer your gunna need it.. Grin

fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2013, 07:11:32 AM »

He also told me they used BA Falcon runners as the motor ir on a cable system, they put it in an EH without drama.
Regards Jim

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2013, 08:30:23 AM »

When you calm down about the rubber band comment send me a switch i have a ultra tight arse solution i think.

Might as well chip it to stage 10 old timer your gunna need it.. Grin

I wont be able to beet you but it'll sound tuff!

AND I like the rubber band comment... I'm still getting a giggle

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2013, 12:04:33 AM »

Did some wiring today and what a pain in the arse it is. I lengthened the wires to run the switches over in the glovebox

Prob not the best shot but only place I could fit the fuse panel is behind the wiper arm. I clears it pretty well. Not seen here but I mounted the BCM (computer in in small VS bcm plastic box) just to the right.

Don't know how well you can see but there is a white plastic piece that mounts to the brake pedal that activates brake lights, the second one releases cruise control and is twice as long. Slightly cut under dash to fit it. It'll be covered when I install the gauge frame that goes around the steer column.

JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2013, 07:42:38 AM »

It's good fun isn't it mate! LOL
 Grin Grin

Phone +64 223509263
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2013, 11:43:55 AM »

It's good fun isn't it mate! LOL
 Grin Grin
Would have loved a sneaky beer but working nights this week so zero it is. Prob better that way, at least the soldering is neat.

FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2013, 08:46:59 PM »

Nes

Been there done that one.  Grin Grin

Agree wholeheartedly with JB.

Keep at it because you eventually do run out of wires to join

Cheers

Craig D

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41   Go Up