FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:16:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Heart Transplant - adding 172ci  (Read 449281 times)
michaeljohn1234m

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: September 29, 2013, 06:17:42 PM »

looking good nes, sounds like your almost there.are the window motors out of a commodore
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 29, 2013, 06:33:34 PM »

looking good nes, sounds like your almost there.are the window motors out of a commodore
Nope but they line up really well!

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 05, 2013, 10:20:52 PM »

I have decided to remove VATS (if you know what I mean) and use a hidden kill switch to override start. I have re wired the VT ignition to the FC barrel so the car starts with an FC key so I don't need to find another spot for the VT key barrel and the central lock still works from the VT key fob. So now the key works and the headlight switch works with one pull = lights / Parkers and second pull = high beam. The indicators work and now the dash lights are always on.

Continuing the wiring I have put in a relay to activate the cruise control when the car starts! (Big thanks to a mate of mine for suggesting the method) This negates the need for a switch as it is always on. So for cruise control I only need one switch now to "set" and that's the lot for cruise!

Although I am redoing it all to run off the FC cluster I still have the VT cluster connected to show I am doing it right and every time I hit the ignition the cruise light comes on

« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:27:56 PM by NES304 » Logged

JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 06, 2013, 07:12:30 AM »

Might need to put some booster in that fuel... Been in the tank for a while lol...
Great work on the wiring!!!

Phone +64 223509263
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 06, 2013, 10:11:27 AM »

I'm just wondering ,will you have a bank of lights somewhere else on the dash. I guess if you wire everything to the fc cluster you can run an aftermarket tacho. Gen ,oil ,temp,fuel,high beam and indicators are taken care of so the only concerns I can see is the engine warning light and maybe consider a engine fan light [this would be more useful in conjunction with a temp. gauge].When I wired v6 vs in my Vauxhall I used the vs speedo temp and fuel gauge. Indicators went to aftermarket hotrod, screw to the column unit ,illumination stayed but all the other dash lights are separate. As I am soon to commence wiring my latest project I watch your progress closely so please don't skip over anything. I'm taking notes and your posts are greatly appreciated. 
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 06, 2013, 12:46:19 PM »

Might need to put some booster in that fuel... Been in the tank for a while lol...
Great work on the wiring!!!

Thats the Fuel pump laying on its side on the ground  Grin

I'm just wondering ,will you have a bank of lights somewhere else on the dash. I guess if you wire everything to the fc cluster you can run an aftermarket tacho. Gen ,oil ,temp,fuel,high beam and indicators are taken care of so the only concerns I can see is the engine warning light and maybe consider a engine fan light [this would be more useful in conjunction with a temp. gauge].When I wired v6 vs in my Vauxhall I used the vs speedo temp and fuel gauge. Indicators went to aftermarket hotrod, screw to the column unit ,illumination stayed but all the other dash lights are separate. As I am soon to commence wiring my latest project I watch your progress closely so please don't skip over anything. I'm taking notes and your posts are greatly appreciated.  

You know me HSV 001 - I have something in the works and it'll blow your mind. Can't come clean yet (like the power window motors) as its a custom production and in testing but it does have something to do with tuning (being able to tune to a 98 or 95 fuel or tuning for larger injectors Wink for example) and will cover everything you stated and a shitload more!!
I'm getting to know VT Wiring inside out including what BCM's can and can't do to specific cars. I was lucky in the fact the SS had power windows and can run them as well as the cruise auto on as most can't.
Flick me a PM with the model V6 etc and I can point you in the right direction.

FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 06, 2013, 11:06:59 PM »

BTW NES your progress reports are looking good.
I didn't go to the level you have but I can openly admit I found the wiring the most challenging of the project.

Well done and keep the updates coming.

Cheers

Craig D
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 06, 2013, 11:19:24 PM »

BTW NES your progress reports are looking good.
I didn't go to the level you have but I can openly admit I found the wiring the most challenging of the project.

Well done and keep the updates coming.

Cheers

Craig D
Best is yet to come.... Wink

FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 06, 2013, 11:22:31 PM »

Can't wait Wink
michaeljohn1234m

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 10, 2013, 03:14:29 PM »

nes can you tell me where that place is to get speedo's recalibrated as I need to get my fuel sender done it's a vs commodore and classic instruments need 0-30 ohms the vs one is a lot more than that help much appreciated
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 11, 2013, 08:16:44 PM »

nes can you tell me where that place is to get speedo's recalibrated as I need to get my fuel sender done it's a vs commodore and classic instruments need 0-30 ohms the vs one is a lot more than that help much appreciated
Will pm you mate but this might help

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 14, 2013, 10:19:44 PM »

Sneaky update... I own a Tech2 now so I can clear airbag faults, match BCMs to PCMs and code new keys etc. mooowahahahaha

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 14, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »

Now be gone with you!

That was in my VZ Crewman

NickZ

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 14, 2013, 10:29:28 PM »

thats a toy I've always wanted.
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 14, 2013, 11:38:30 PM »

NES
Are you sure your not a RADTECH in disguise Wink Wink Smiley

Cheers

Craig
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 15, 2013, 09:09:12 AM »

NES
Are you sure your not a RADTECH in disguise Wink Wink Smiley

Cheers

Craig
Ha- those boys have no idea what I'm doing!!

JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 15, 2013, 10:09:59 AM »

Where did you steal that from?
Get 2 by chance!  Kiss

Phone +64 223509263
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 15, 2013, 03:59:23 PM »

Where did you steal that from?
Get 2 by chance!  Kiss
Maybe, whats your postal address?  Grin

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 10, 2013, 08:41:56 PM »

No. After weeks of searching I have come up with these.

They have the motor and wires mounted from one end and the rail is quite straight and perfect for straight glass FC.
This is my back back installed, only one tek screw on the rail as I was looking at how well it went up and down. Will use a more robust system to finish but these motors are well suited I think.

And my manual window winder becomes a switch

With my door loom installed the central locks work

The front wires run along the door hinge and don't pinch. There is a connector in there too so I can remove the door if required (good for when I get round to cleaning up the paint in this area)

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 10, 2013, 09:00:55 PM »

I have had a little digital box made up to show what gear its in and a cycle menu to show speed, RPM, fuel flow, engine temp etc using the turn knob (which can also dim the display) The display is 40mm x 70mm in size and reads all the OBD information from the vehicle. I have also had an engine check light wire made to run off it so it'll tell me if something is about to blow up!!
The plan is to have it on a stiff hinge that'll swing up out of the way under the dash so I can't see it (to look original) but then swing it down when I need it.

As a bonus it also acts as a data logger so I can log the information during driving then upload it to the laptop. I can see the information it pulls up and then reprogram the car to smooth out things like fuel spikes or flat spots or even tune it to say a 98 octane fuel.
This can be done after a new exhaust system or something of that nature too.

This is the screen when I start the car

The 0 in the shifter position is because it is hooked up to the laptop...

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: