FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 05:32:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Scuff plates  (Read 4558 times)
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2012, 05:33:13 PM »

Hi all, I purchased a left rear scuff plate from Rares and noticed it doesn't have the raised hump at the back to accomodate the windlace that goes over the rear wheel arch. Does anyone know if they are all like this or have they sent me the wrong one. I have rang Rares but they don't seem to know what I am talking about, according to them the only listing is DSP1011 which is the one I ordered. Any help appreciated, Cheers, Jack
FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 09:58:40 PM »

might sound like a silly question, but is it for a FE or FC scuff plate  ?.... as they are different

hopefully i can help

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 10:16:34 PM »

The Rares plates dont have the dimple for the windlace - They have a cut out from memory.

Ken
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 08:46:48 PM »

Sorry guys, the scuff plate is for an FC. The original has a raised semi circular section at the end which the windlace sits under. The Rares one just continues with the normal profile right to the end. Apart from the end they are identical. I suppose the windlace can be clamped flat under the Rares plate. The problem I've got is I had 3 original and 1 Rares plate chromed and didn't notice the difference til afterwards. I can either get another original chromed or get a Rares one for the other side and get it chromed to match the one I've got. Any ideas, Cheers, Jack
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 08:12:03 PM »
+1

Jack,

Let me know what side you need, I have some spare scuff plates here, depending on the side, they may be good enough for chroming.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 09:07:20 PM »

Gidday Keith, I need a passenger side rear scuff plate. pm me if you have one, Cheers, Jack
FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 09:48:13 PM »

Good onya Keith

Nice thing to do, i'm sure it makes Jack's life a lot easier if you have one

there are so many nice people on here... it's rare to find that... and it's in bucket loads here

FE 4 ME 

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
Stash
nsw-club

Model: FC

Sydney, NSW

johnchaplin
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 11:51:12 PM »

FE4ME

Couldn't agree with u more
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...