FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 05:34:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: original books and dealer info authentication  (Read 3047 times)
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:20:39 PM »

Hi all

Just want confirmation that this is the book that came with new holdens of FE and FC vintage?

If so how rare are they?

Cheers

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 10:21:39 PM »

sorry its upside down. you may have to stand on your head to read it

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Brad

Model: FC

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 12:30:17 AM »

Hi Deano.
              I lent over to read the first pic and fell off my chair but in my donward fall I noticed that the fonts and Holden logo seemeed to be consistent with the period of FC  FE hand books. I also noticed that the page seemed to be stained with what may be in fact black dog urine. I also noticed that the entry directly bellow the urine stain problem was in fact what to do with lipstick stains . Having some experience with dog urine and lipstick stains in the back seat of my FC's  I can only assume that what you have here is a very rare and sought after handbook for the morally challenged.
              Actually I don't recall seeing this in any handbook but that's not to say it's not genuine.
    Brad.

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 09:31:14 AM »
+1

The Good Housekeeping book is a FEFC and is correct for your car the FE FC copies in the blue are much rarer than the FB EK ones in the orange color.
nice to have
Brett

Brett Gillard
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 06:45:06 PM »

Thanks brad and brett. I wouldn't have pissed on it if i thought it would depreciate it. It's probably been pissed on a fair bit cos it came out of a taxi. It's good to know what I have. Any ideas how to get the dog piss my piss and some drunk guys piss off the cover mate.

Deano

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: