FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:40:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What Rims are these?  (Read 2531 times)
Damo-Damo

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2012, 12:00:03 PM »

Hi there, couple more questions, searched all through the forum and everyone seems to be running different combinations so thought I would ask about mine...
Firstly, can someone confirm these rims are HT? They came off the FC stud pattern and are 14" so they are older holden.

Now, if these are HT/HG what is the best/easiest to get/fit brake setup to put on.
I have a HR Disc Front End and HR drum rear end, I want to keep these rims if I can.  I have HQ stub axles and no brake gear so need to know what to get, so I need calipers and rotors and maybe new linkages?

Torana calipers seem scarce, I am thinking the easiest way would be HT calipers and rotors, HK are more common though, can I use these?  What other options do I have?  If I use HK do I need HK steering Linkages as well??

john253a

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 02:29:44 PM »

Pm Ken
His the guru of brakes

Good + Fast = Not Cheap
Cheap + Fast = Not Good
Good + Cheap = Not Fast
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 02:35:25 PM »

as john said; and the rim is almost certainly HT/G...

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 04:47:45 PM »

I agree, rims appear to be HT or HG. The easiest brake solution is to stay with HR discs if these are already there. Torana brakes (get LH or LX, not LC or LJ) will fit up to the standard HR stub axle so this is pretty straightforward as well. This will give you an improvement on brakes. HK to HG brakes are not much different or better than LH/LX and also will require you to use a HK/Z stub axle as well. You will need HK steering arms as well if you fit the later stub axles. HQ brakes will bolt up to the later stub axles but you will require new blank rotors drilled out to early stud pattern - not the cheapest way to go!

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: