FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 12:18:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Seat belt positioning  (Read 2330 times)
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Model: FC

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:24:54 PM »

Is there a standard position for the seat belt brackets to go for both front and rear seats in a wagon for the floor mounts??
Thanks
Nick

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 10:04:57 PM »

The bottom of the B pillar is usually where you place the reel but it can go a little rearward (maybe 5cm). The centres are mounted to the side of the hump directly below where they come out of the seat.
The rears are mounted on the side of the wheel well just below the seat base so the bolt is out of sight, the centre is mounted on the floor pan on 2 flat pieces of floor which look just like they need seat belts attached to them.
Basically sit in the seat and place the belts in a position which looks correct the way you would see it in a modern car.

Ken
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:33:21 AM »

Nick,

Be a little bit wary when you add seatbelts... some NSW Inspection Stations require fully compliance to ADR5 for any added seatbelt (even in early Holdens that otherwise don't need to comply to ADRs). ADR5 has some fiddly requirements regarding the minimum separation of the belt bolts (... dont ask me how I know  Embarrassed). Might pay to double check with your Inspection Station/engineer before getting the drill out.

This post has some good info:
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13825

Cheers,
Harv (chief apprentice seatbelt fiddler).
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 07:05:07 PM »

I opted to fit seat belts to my recently restored FC.  In Qld to get the vehicle registered I had to have a compliance certificate from a firm authorized by the Qld government.  If the car had been previously fitted with belts before deregistration I would still needed a certificate.  There are minimum requirements for the plates and distance between the bolts. The minimum size of the anchor plates is 3570 sq mm and 3mm thick mild steel with a 5mm radius on the corners.  I made my own plates welding 7/16" nuts on them.  I fitted enclosed mounting point at the top of the B pillar.  Technically he should have inspected this point before welding however he was happy seeing the plate before hand and a photo of it fitted just before welding.  Spacing between bolts is 50mm edge to edge.

I hope this helps.

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
John253a
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 09:33:02 PM »

Another thing to look out for,
Is you can only have front belt and no rear
But can't have rear and no front

I fitted rear belts and baby seat bolt to parchell shelf
And when pulled over, for mr police man to look at my car I was told were are my seat belts, I told him the car doesn't require them, that's when I was told

Once fitted to front only those with belts cam ride
And same for rear

The front can be done without rear
But rear cannot be done with front

I only have 3 lapsahes in rear amd I now tuck them under seat when not in use
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: