FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 01, 2024, 01:27:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Removing and re-using original sills  (Read 1899 times)
rusty58

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2012, 07:20:05 AM »

I have a question about the feasibility of removing good condition, original inner and outer sills from a wreck as a unit and fitting them to my project.
Is this worth considering, given that I have been told the repro ones aren't a great fit?
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 09:02:54 AM »

There is no problems with re using sills or any other panels this is common in the panel beating industry  .......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 03:02:06 PM »
+1

I think it would be quite difficult to use both the inner and outer sills from the same car. I have used outer sills from a donor car, but sacrificed the inner sills to do it.
My opinion would be after having done it that it is easier to make the new repro sills fit than reuse old ones.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: