FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:51:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FJ Holden wiring diagram  (Read 9927 times)
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »

I am helping my brother with the wiring on a car he is restoring.  I have run into a slight problem with the method the new wiring and the courtesy/ interior switch.  I would appreciate a copy of the wiring diagram to help me out.  The FJ does it different to the FC series.

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »

i know fj is 6 volt and fc is 12 volt .

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 08:45:56 PM »

The FC uses a single wire to the courtesy switch which closes to earth (body) when the door opens.  The FJ switch has two terminals neither of which goes to earth at the switch.  The two wires from the switch goes up to the interior light as does an active wire (6 volts).  The light has a 3 position switch and two terminals on to connect to. These 2 terminals are internally joined together with the outer of the lamp connected to the base of the lamp and subsequently goes to earth when screwed in position.  When the switch is in the on position the two terminals are joined together.  I fully understand the electrical side of things but this one has me  a little bambooseled.

Keith

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »

The FJ dome light switch has 3 terminals. The first has 2 wires on it - One is power and the other goes to the second dome light switch. The second wire goes to the other side of the second dome light switch and the third wire goes to the dome light which is earthed.

Ken
KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 10:01:56 PM »

Thanks Ken

I think I can understand what you are saying.  I presume when you refer to the second dome light switch you are referring to the the door switch?  This car has a door switch on the passenger side door only.  The reproduction wiring harness only has wiring from the passenger door.

Keith

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 10:51:32 PM »

That's right only on the passenger door

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print