FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 06:25:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sandblaster in Melbourne  (Read 1883 times)
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:38:48 AM »

I have been pointed to what is meant to be a very good sandblaster in Melton ("A car guy"), but after 2 weeks of trying to get in touch by phone... first week fax machine, second phone just rings out I am wondering if he wants my business.

I remember a while ago there were other recommendations here that I can't find via the search function.

I would like to get the ute done before the break if i could so that i can keep going on it.

Any help would be great

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
zl296

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 04:47:07 PM »

jb,could be a mobile blaster as well....
maybe out on a job...
keep trying Wink

die young and leave a good looking corpse...
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 05:23:06 PM »

JB,
I had some doors and guards soda blasted at a place in Altona. I know he does sand blasting as he had a full vehicle there that he had just done. Not recomending him with sand blasting as i didnt have that done. You will need to make your own mind up but he did a great job with mine and seemed to know exactly what to do. I will pm you his number otherwise others might jump onboard before you and you wont get it done before chrissy.
Brett
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 07:27:58 PM »

Shame you are so far away i have a full set up at work 500CFM turbo charged atlas copco compressor and a fully blinged up set up from ABS in melbourne air con helmet and all .
I helped a mate set up a blasting business long story short didnt work out so i helped him out and bought the setup so everyone uses it for there foreign orders.

Pete

JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 12:17:21 AM »

Had a call today with the blaster I was looking for in Heidelburg, who I called and can do the job for me with a couple of days notice.

With a single etch coat, doors, bonnet, guards, tailgate, and the shell for around $1400 I think its a fair price. Have to work out when I can get it there now.

I looked at soda blast, but the car carries a bit of bog and was told that the soda blast process doesn't get the bog out.

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 06:20:21 AM »

After all the reviewing i will do sand blasting around all the floors and hard bits but open panels i will get a bag of soda and use in my blasting setup i think

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: