FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:19:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Re: turbo charged fc ute  (Read 3445 times)
Tony C
« on: February 29, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

Hi Craig I fitted a Rajay unit to my HR sedan many years ago.I ran a 2barrel side draught Weber and 3 inch exhaust pipe out of the turbo housing with no wastegate and reduced it to 2 inch just under the gearbox crossmember with a straight thru muffler.Very scarey and very fast,it was fun.But i soon got sick of replacing head gaskets and exhaust manifold gaskets.Another problem was twisting of the U bolts that fix the universal to the diff yoke which makes it very hard to get them out to replace.the car also ended up with cracks down the centre of the firewall,right behind the motor(metal fatiuge?not sure)With no wategate it would pump to 14psi but by playing around you could get the turbine positioned so it would run at only 7psi which was plenty for around town.Be prepared for many hours of stuffing around and cursing but once it's set up you should be able to have some fun in it.Not sure about the legallity of not running a wastegate these days,it wasn't a problem back then.Might be a good idea to check with the rego guys before doing anything.Hope this is of some help. cheers Tony
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: