FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 06:19:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tail gate seal  (Read 2406 times)
moetstockie

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2011, 11:08:09 PM »

Evening folks, We're almost on the road with my FE wagon '58. I am about to glue the tail gate seal on the inner-upper side of the lower tail gate. However I notice there is a small groove/channel on the lower part of the upper tail gate just below the glass where the two tail gates meet. Can any one tell me what goes in this groove or if I've got the procedure mixed up. Cheers Moe`t
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 09:10:43 AM »

Moe, your new rubber should compensate for this secondary rubber location although you may be able to find something from Clark Rubber to fit it, they will allow you to take small samples to try, here is a pic of ours, just click on the picture to enlarge it

Gary
OldGMHolden
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 10:04:27 AM »

G'Day Pete,
Have a look in the Parts Book, page 509.
There is a picture which shows seals on the upper AND lower gates, items 3 and 31.
Page 619 shows specific part numbers.
I found the seal you have on Raries and it definitely goes on the lower gate, but I couldn't find the seal for the upper gate.
Raries may have it if you tell them the Holden part number.
Otherwise, Zulu's suggestion for Clark Rubber is the only solution.
Cheers,
Ol' Gaz.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 09:36:48 PM »

The FE wagon lower gate seal is different to the FC wagon lower seal. I believe that the repro is an FC item. The FE seal was never produced based on the rarety of the FE wagon. You will need to adapt an FC item with other rubber profiles to make this seal.

The upper gate seal as shown in the pic is also peculiar to the FE.

Ken
moetstockie

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 02:10:04 AM »

Many thanks oh wise ones.   Ken, I'll get some numbers of the body back to you if that's any help. The engine is an FB grey.   Cheers Moe`t
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: