FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 04:28:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Position of Anti Rattle Spring on Gear Stick  (Read 2169 times)
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2011, 09:36:12 PM »

I have just put the gearshift lever back in.  When I dismantled it a few years ago I tied all of the relevant bits together. The pin (35) that holds the lever in, the spring (29) that gives a bit of tension and the retaining clip (36) are all fine however there is a thin 7/16" dia  anti rattle? washer (34) in this area.  I can see nowhere it can go.  Looking at the exploded view on 7-7 in the shop manual it is shown as item 34.  Without it there does not appear to be any excess slop.  I checked out another assembly I had but it did not have this washer.  Can anybody help me with the position of this washer?

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 08:00:30 PM »

Keith,

Every one has that box in the corner of the workbench where all the left over bolt and nuts and washers and brackets go, so put it in there and it will be in good leftover company Grin Grin Grin

regards

Weddo
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 08:20:14 PM »
+1

Keith the washer goes beside the shift lever to stop it moving back & forward. Sometimes the honey pot machining is spot on and there is no need for the washer, other times there is a gap and the washer must be used.

Ken
KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 09:12:39 AM »

Thanks Ken.  I had tried it there and it does fit making the lever nice and firm.  Without it I considered it quite a good fit also. 

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: