FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:19:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My 3 FE's  (Read 34789 times)
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 04:57:22 PM »

Can't find any more of #2 at the moment so will move forward ... actually about 30 years forward !!!!

In the meantime life moved on , as it always does , and FE#2 was replaced by a series of cars including an HR , Rambler Hornet . a number of Kingswoods , Commodores and 4WD's ...

A wife and family (not Barby) ... And a Wheels-up rebuild of an FJ ute ... and a seachange intervened ... until one day in about 1998 , what should I see parked around the corner from me in Port Macquarie Huh

My heart skipped a beat and the memories flooded back ...

When I was a young man I spent most of my money on cars , beer and women (in that order) ... the rest ... I just wasted !

Port Macquarie NSW
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »

hehehe tell me more...
   i wish i had more pics of my journey with FC's and FE's... i do have 1 when i was about 4yrs old next to my Mum's 1st ever car... which i was my fortunate it was a FC... i'll scan it and post it on here if you're interested... after all it was "The beginning " of my passion

great to see your picture collection of old kool skool cars ( Holden that is  Wink )

thankx David for your effort

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

Model: FC

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 08:11:18 PM »

I agree, this is a great post. Thanks David. Smiley

Regards

Wayne B
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 12:28:20 PM »

Hi there David and all...

Here is the only pic i have ( well the whole family has ) of my Mum's 1st car... what great fortune it was a FC...which all started my journey.. i wish i had taken pictures of my 1st FC i purchased... it had a 202, 4spd, 350 Holley with 3 x SU's and Manifold in the boot..dropped fuel tank, HR Front...chromies and more..... asking price was $1600 on the window...got it for $1000 drove home no probs
Had the usual floor pan rust and a bit on the sub, but most of it was pretty clean, paint work was crows feet....

wrong place, wrong time...too young and no garage..tried to cut out rust and oxy the floor pans but was hard parked out on the street...than sold it for $1200 off the street to a mechanic that restored it to its former glory in strak white.... i was so glad to see it back on the road

now i have a FE which has been a slow journey ( due to living on a budget and limited funds ) but am well and truly over the moon it lives in my Garage and i own it............

so looking at your post here David got me thinking about my history ( much more limited than your's ) and where it all started, went for a photo album search and found the 1 and only picture i have of my Mum's FC... i was about 3 1/2 - 4 yrs old..... i remember swinging off the panic straps like a money in the back seat... hehehe i remember ( approx. 3yrs old ) playing one day at the drivers seat when my Mum was in the shops ( she'd go to jail now if she did that ) and i was driving, honking the horn having a great time parked on a hill... my older sister and cousin were in the back seat and i was pretending to drive them around.... all was going great until i found the handbrake..which resulting in rolling into the parked car in front.... of course my sister ran straight to my Mum and dobbed me in and all i can remember was not a dent in the FC...$$$$ of damage to the other car and my Butt got kicked... hehehehe those where the days... never drove that car again Wink

it was a sad end to my Mum giving up the FC.... ( i can tell you if you want to know in another post..just ask ) but at least on the upside it wasnt scrapped or smashed and went back on the road...my Mum still admits it's was the best car she ever had

hope you enjoy a Retro look back on my FC

"Have A Great Holden ( FE/FC ) Day !!!:)SmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 03:25:46 PM »

Thanks FE 4 ME ..great to see and I enjoy a good story too ... glad you found that great old photo ...Cheers , Dave .

When I was a young man I spent most of my money on cars , beer and women (in that order) ... the rest ... I just wasted !

Port Macquarie NSW
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 10:31:27 AM »

Continued ... well , as I was taking some photos of the car this dude comes racing out of his house demanding to know WTF I was doing ... After some calming words and telling him of my love for the old girls he tells me that he's going through a marriage split up and property settlement and he thought I was a PI getting evidence of his assets !!!

To cut a long story short , he decided to sell the car coz it was going to have to go anyway in the Family Law dispute ... the mad part about it was that he let it go at a bargain price as he didn't want his missus to get a big chunk of money from the sale !!!

Three days later she was mine  !!!

Here is #3 when I got her home ... about 30 years since I let #2 go ... this time for good !!!

Port Macquarie NSW
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 10:41:29 AM »

Sorry fellas ... my maths is crap !!!  It was only a bit over 20 years between #2 and #3 because I've had #3 for about 13 years , but she's been off the road for about 8 years now ... BUT NOT FOR MUCH LONGER !!!!!

Port Macquarie NSW
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 11:52:58 PM »

Show us some more pics of 3 David interior and under the bonnet. Nice looking ride.
Cheers,
Graham
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 01:27:34 PM »

Graham ... just found some pics of her engine and interior , so I'll scan them and post in the next day or so ... In the meantime here she is wearing a set of deep dish chromies I picked up for a song at the local wreckers ... all she needed was a good detailing ...Oh and a new diff ! She went well but sounded like a coffee grinder !

This pic is from about 1999 with my old FC mate Adie ( the Mo) ...and myself ...

Port Macquarie NSW
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 01:31:42 PM »

And another ...

Port Macquarie NSW
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 04:35:08 PM »

She had a nice chromed instrument carrier panel and an FC radio grille ...

Port Macquarie NSW
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 05:02:11 PM »

She wasn't too shabby ...

Port Macquarie NSW
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 05:05:56 PM »

... and ...

Port Macquarie NSW
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2011, 10:44:55 AM »

Pretty clean under  the bonnet too ...

Port Macquarie NSW
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »

and ...

Port Macquarie NSW
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 11:03:49 AM »

...Anyway , she became my  weekend drive for a few years until the old crashbox virtually exploded underneath me one day whilst under fairly significant acceleration ... she was retired to the back of the garage until a replacement box could be sourced ...

Sadly , this took some time and meanwhile her rego ran out , so she sat silent for many moons as life moved on in different directions ...as life often does ...

Here she is after nearly a decade in hibernation ... little did she know it  , but she was about to be re-borne !!!!

Port Macquarie NSW
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2011, 03:47:47 PM »

LAST POST (for now) ... One last bit of info (for Ken) ...

TO BE CONTINUED ... (in Project Cars) ... and thanks for reading ...

Port Macquarie NSW
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 08:52:13 PM »

Thanks David Smiley

Ken
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2011, 01:00:26 PM »

That's ok Ken ...the I.D numbers were "over-stamped" when I acquired the car ... any ideas why that would have been done ??

Port Macquarie NSW
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2011, 10:00:08 PM »

David, NSW cars were hand stamped whereas Vic and SA cars were machine stamped so look much neater. I guess you know that your car is not originally red and white?

Ken
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: