FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 03:22:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Credit where it's due  (Read 2193 times)
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2011, 06:50:37 AM »
+1

The "Technical Info" section of this site is a fanatstic resource and might be unique among car forums, certainly I haven't seen this feature as comprehensively detailed anywhere else. Like a lot of good things its easy to take this for granted, it simply had not occurred to me until now to consider the work that must have gone into building it.

This post was triggered by the following post in the Post War Buick section of the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) Forum. Here is the post;

http://forums.aaca.org/f162/build-your-own-1954-buick-309126.html#post917630

And they want to charge to use it....

Anyway, I just want to offer my thanks to the team who put this together.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 08:54:07 AM »

I have to agree, the effort the team and members go to help us is amazing really, the motivation to help with information, experience and even sending parts and other things for free or at a low cost is something that i have experienced and do cherish the kindness on here....

this forum is such a well rounded need for any early Holden enthusiast or owner

so thankx team...and thankx members for your help and support and posts of your experience and skills....it all adds up to GREAT WORK  !!!

THIS FORUM IS TOP SHELF

thankx heaps

"Have A Great Holden ( FE ) Day !!!" SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 05:38:42 PM »

Thanks on behalf of everyone who has contributed to the content in the Tech Info area. I have thought a few times that it could really stand some tarting up - many of those pages have been up for well over 10 years now! Some are definitely showing their age. But they've always been publicly available, and always will be.

Thanks for the nice words on the Buick site, too Wink

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 06:33:02 PM »

It really is a good forum. When you llok at how craply some other forums are moderated, it is a credit to those who actually know how to moderate without giving freedom of opinion a fair go, but weighging up some of those opinions as being outside the spirit of constructive criticism and/or not very helpful. We have all been in that situation, where your not sure if your stepping into the wrong territory, but I have found this lot to be much more mature and helpful than many others.

Keep up the good work.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: