FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 08, 2024, 12:25:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE windowless panelvan  (Read 19413 times)
VAN059

Model: FC

Brisbane, QLD.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 05:08:28 PM »

No probs, I'll start with the obvious ones first:

1. Indicators - with the new design of the indicator housing it allowed an increase of approx. 25% or 30lx over the old FE design
2. Front Grill - the FC was the first Aust. built vehicle to use a wind tunnel to best design airflow into the radiator opening. With the wider design of the FC Grill, this testing allowed a decrease in cd (coefficient drag) for the opening, resulting in cooler operating temperatures
3. Price - price at release for the FE was (in pound) 1142.00 and for the FC (in pound) 1110.00, representing more bang for bucks
4. Engine - compression was lifted for the FC providing more power. FE 6.8:1 = 70bhp, FC 7.0:1 =72bhp
5. Steering - Turning circle was decreased in the FC, allowing it to become a popular choice amongst the criminal minded, for quick getaways in the other direction. FE = 37ft, FC = 36ft 6in
6. Paint - with the release of the FC model, Holden changed the interior paint from a lead base to a acrylic base, providing a safer environment for the rugrats to chew on
7. Leg Room - it was common knowledge that while the FE was a comfortable mode of transport for work duties, when it came to packing the family in to take them to church on a Sunday, the kiddies in the back struggled with legroom. The release of the FC rectified this when it gained an additional 0.7" in length over the FE
8. Lucky Draw - while not common knowledge, one out of approx. 40 000 FCs sold had a golden ticket in the glove box rewarding the owner with a trip to Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory. Of the 5 winners, there has only ever been a reported sighting of 1. He was, allegedly, walking around Kings Cross at 4 in the morning mumbling something about FEs.
9. Release Date - at the release of the FC, the FE was anywhere up to 2 years older. It just made sense to buy a FC, hence the reason 36 563 more FCs were sold than FEs
10. Street Cred - quarter mile FE = 22sec, FC = 21.6sec! Enough said. 

am I havin a laugh?? am I what! I'm glad you only asked for 10, JB. It could have been a real mess otherwise  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Smokin Words and Shoutin Turds
GMVAN

Model: FC

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR cof cof

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 06:00:39 PM »

Very smooth reply VAN059 Cheesy

:(If at first you don't suceed give up & have a beer;)
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 07:20:31 PM »

LOL, there were a couple in there that i didn't know... especially the legroom.

Gotta love the vans!

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
fe-ambo

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 09:31:01 AM »

Thanks for the informative differences between FE and FC although it doesnt convince me to "upgrade".

Cheers
Paul

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 11:13:07 AM »

Smiley I'd like to think the less chrome on the FE not only makes it a classic but would make it more aerodynamic and the less weight, hence make the power to weight ratio enough to prove it was before it's time and the better choice !!!???  maybe that's why the price of the FC was reduced below the FE  Huh?

It's just a thought Huh   Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

"Have A Great Holden ( FE ) Day !!!" SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: