FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:07:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: EUROPE IS GRAND  (Read 4077 times)
mickusmickus

Model: FC

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2011, 01:33:21 PM »

Hello all,

Thought I would fill you in on a few of the reasons why my FC hasn't been getting any attention lately.  Here is a bit of a photo journal (important parts only) of my 5 weeks in EUROPE.  ENJOY!!!!!  I did Smiley

PARIS

Ferrari 455 - Almost dropped dead on the spot when the owner jumped in it and buried the throttle down the narrow lane-way it was parked in.

Citroen World Rally Championship Car

Peugeot 908 - 2009 Le Mans Winner

MARANELLO - MUSEO FERRARI

Enzo - Does Not Look Happy does it?

375 - The stories it would have to tell!

246 GT - YES PLEASE!

8000hp - 5600kg - Complete with bumps, scratches and I am sure a drop or two of champagne!

MORE TO FOLLOW!

MICK
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 01:44:34 PM »

The trip Continues................

MODENA - LAMBORGHINI

Miura Old

Miura New -Concept Car

Surely it would slip STRAIGHT IN to an FC Holden??? - 1964 Miura Engine

Now THAT is what I call a priceless piece of art!

ROME

"HOLY" HELL - St Peters Square

Stay tuned, it's not ever yet!

MICK
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 02:00:04 PM »

CROATIA

My 50cc scooter negotiated this road with EASE!

The Croatian version of Lockable Wheel Nuts

VALENCIA

European Grand Prix - Unfortunately Webber wasn't able to pip local boy Alonso for second place, they didn't appreciate me cheering when Mark passed him early in the race - Vettel was untouchable as always.

BARCELONA

Olympic and Sports Museum - Safe from the reckless abandon of Lewis Hamilton

I have a feeling this little 50cc racer had a little more punch than my scooter in Croatia!

HOLD ON TIGHT WE ARE ALMOST DONE!

MICK

mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 02:09:22 PM »

LONDON

Lewis Hamilton - Falling about as far short of my height as he is of the World Championship this year

The only thing "SUS" about this photo is how close the owner of this Aston went to scratching his rims.......WOW

"Elise" this guy was a little more cautious with his park.

Finally Traded the Scooter for something with a bit more punch......and style!

Home now and life just isn't quite the same................

MICK

mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 02:12:34 PM »

A couple of late inclusions

A US Classic in ROME

Choppers in Barcelona

MICK
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 10:18:50 PM »

Looks like a cool trip.
Thanks for sharing your pics
That Muira was my dream car as a lad.....and wouldn't mind one now either.
Regards
Alex

MattFC

Adelaide

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 01:49:04 PM »

Hey Mick, nice pics!
Just out of curiosity, how easy is it to get to Sant' Agata Bolognese and the Lamborghini factory from Bologna? Reason I ask, I'm going to Bologna for a week for work in October, and, believe it or not, I've managed to convince my bosses that a tour of the Lamborghini factory could be beneficial Shocked (with regards to investigating alternative manufacturing ideas and alternatives of course!). As I wont have a car or anything, is there any public transport available? Or would it be too far for a taxi? I also intend to check out the Ducati factory but as this is in Bologna itself, shouldn't be too hard to get to.
After seeing your pics, I would love to go to the Ferrari museum in Maranello as well, but I ain't gonna push my luck any further! Cheesy
Cheers, Matt.
Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 01:14:11 PM »

Try looking up a local Bologna "tour guide" for a day tour.
If you can define what you want to do, including "tour guide with car" and that an 'English speaking motoring enthusiast' would be preferred.
You will picked up at your Hotel, and will be amazed at what they can get around in a day.
It will be much cheaper than a "Taxi" (and more expensive than driving yourself in a rental car), BUT you will see more (the guide if you get lucky, will know all the 'nooks and crannies' and day will be memorable). The price for up to 4 persons should be the same, based on car size etc.
(Ferrari Museum at Modena needs 2-4 hours if you want to seriously look, so maybe you will need 2 days!)
Good luck.
Geoff 
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 01:21:21 PM »

Gday Matt,

It isn't all that hard to get to Lamborghini, Ferrari or Ducatti from Bolonga, however if you don't have a car things would be harder.  We went out to Ferrari first which was about 30 minutes drive from Bolonga, then came back to town via Lambo, if you wanted to go to Ducatti it was closer to town again.  I am not sure about public transport or busses in the area, however I would recommend just hiring a car.  It isn't that expensive and the same road out of Bologna basically takes you to all three places, if you work it right.  Ferrari is most definitely the best of the 2 that I went to, however, I didn't do the factory tour at Lambo, just looked around their museum/showroom.  Ferrari just has so much for history, so naturally so much more to show.

Honestly mate, if you are going to look at Lambo it is worth the extra 15 - 20 minute drive to check ferrari out as well.

MICK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: