FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 09:27:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Seat Upholstery and Rubber Floor Mats  (Read 14490 times)
Crackers

Model: FC

Vic-Cub Member

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2011, 09:54:50 AM »

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows a good Upholsterer in Vic.  I need to get my front and rear seats redone.  Also, does anyone know the difference between the quality of the rubbers mats now being sold on eBay and the ones produced in Avondale Heights by Obsolete Rubber Mats?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 12:17:19 PM »

Supertrim are very good - will give you an authentic looking seat - not sure if they do the correct late 59 embossing - you can get this done by Stinky (forum name) in SA
I think the ebay mats are the same mat as obsolete - I've never heard of anyone else doing repro mats.

Ken
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 05:53:29 PM »

Ken, are there any good links with the 59 embossing on here and pics of riff red and black interiors on here? I am not being lazy, having trouble finding good examples with some level of detail.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 09:05:33 PM »

Ken, are there any good links with the 59 embossing on here and pics of riff red and black interiors on here? I am not being lazy, having trouble finding good examples with some level of detail.
Ken would undoubtedly know of more, but you could start by taking a look at Stinky's website (google StreetTrim - sorry; dont know how to do the link thingy  Roll Eyes); I recall pics on there (under 'finished work') of red and black '59 seats with the correct embossing.

hope this helps
cheers, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
hawk
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 09:34:40 PM »

http://www.streettrim.com.au/
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 10:57:56 PM »

Bright Red and Black

Darker Fall Red, halfway down the page on this build thread - http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,12189.374.html

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 10:58:58 PM »

Hahahaha...I was just about to post.... Wink

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Crackers

Vic-Cub Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 01:51:50 PM »

Thanks for all your help.  I have ordered the mats, now I just have to sort out the interior.  At least I have a few good places to start.  Once I sort this out the car is nearly completed.
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 06:37:33 PM »

hey stinky, what seats are in the taxi? mine has June 58 engine number but wanted to check what they are.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 07:37:38 PM »

hey stinky, what seats are in the taxi? mine has June 58 engine number but wanted to check what they are.

Whatever seats you put in  Wink
Not sure really, I just make them to suit the customer's requirements.

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 08:17:19 PM »

so this is mine, this is a june 58 car with this seat. this is the 59 seat right? Cos it was a taxi, do u think that it was replaced and they used a replacement at a later date. do uze guys think that any replacements afterwards, say during the 60's and 70's would have been all the same as these or could you buy both early and later models when replacing your seats back then?

Deano

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 08:57:50 PM »

Based on your cars body number, the taxi is a Dec 59 vehicle which would fit with the black engine bay and the seats. Hence the engine you currently have is wrong. Perhaps not surprising for a taxi, its probably the eighth or ninth Grin

Ken
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 09:02:51 PM »

thanks Ken.

Deano

FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 12:44:39 PM »

Hey there Stinky,
         Did you do the seats yourself or out sourced them Huh? if you did them yourself, than you have done an amazing job and very skilled at your trade and I'm sure many are happy you stepped out and started up "Street Trim" full time...keep up the great quality and skills. Anyone would be happy with that quality

Very nice, neat and detailed...

"Have a Great ( FE ) Holden Day !!!" SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
57effie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 03:42:27 PM »

Wot options do I have to replace the broken plastics trims around the seats ?

Mark
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 05:57:22 PM »

Follow the link

http://www.rarespares.net.au/rarespares/ProductPage.aspx?product=ST1000

Vic & NSW clubs had these for an introductory cheaper price

other option is to fix yours up by laying fibreglass inside them

or you could chase up a set of FB EK sides, these are metal but require a little work to the seat as they finish lower down from the top of the seat and some of the fastening tags will need re working

Cheers, Gary
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 06:05:19 PM »

FE for me, he does a good job hey. Im going to get him to do some s&%t for me later. The missus wants to give the seats a go, but its a bit tricky and u need the right gear. Not like a lounge chair.

57, good question, I have been thinking same, but im nowhere near it. But good question. They seem to go brittle and crumble real easy hey. It would be a nice touch to chrome up with some of that stuff.

Have a Great ( FE ) Holden Day !!!"

Deano

57effie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 07:29:07 PM »

Are the Rares ones plastic ? I suppose you paint them to suit.
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 12:35:57 AM »

Hey there Stinky,
         Did you do the seats yourself or out sourced them Huh? if you did them yourself, than you have done an amazing job and very skilled at your trade and I'm sure many are happy you stepped out and started up "Street Trim" full time...keep up the great quality and skills. Anyone would be happy with that quality

Very nice, neat and detailed...

"Have a Great ( FE ) Holden Day !!!" SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME
Thanks, the only out-sourcing is the embossing in the top section of the seats, the rest is stitched up by me.

FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 09:37:06 PM »

Great work stinky, clearly it was right to take your skills full time to the public...ive looked over your threads since i 1st joined here and looked through your projects and skilled work, i'm glad you love Holdens, we need this passion and skills to make the best look the best

Stinky do you have a template ( or anyone else ) for the rear back board between the back seat and boot i could get hold of ( paper ) ? ... as i live in QLD im sure a template would be the easier way to go..i can than cut it out of board

that sure would help

anyway you sure do great work Stinky

"Have A Great Holden ( FE ) Day !!!" SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: