FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:29:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: twin carb linkage  (Read 2515 times)
Jonno

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2011, 06:34:52 PM »

I wonder does anyone have any pictures of the connection between a twin carb setup and the standard throttle linkage?

I've been puzzling over this for a while now. It seems to me that it is not very easy to convert the motion of the standard throttle linkage (which moves down and toward the firewall) with that required for a twin carb manifold (the movement required being at 90 degrees to the above but also not directly above the throttle lever). Not clear how this can work without a lot of slop in the linkage. Any advice most appreciated.  Or do you just go over to a cable setup?

cheers, Jon

Cottles Bridge, VIC
Glen

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 06:08:35 PM »

I fitted twin BXUV2 carbs straight off an X2 HD on my FC years ago now. I remember that even after making little brackets and things to set it up, I found that the standard FC throtle linkage didn't have the torsional rigidity to fully open them. (just could not get full throttle) I played around a fair bit (spring rates etc) before I threw the hands up and went for a HZ pedal and cable arangement that most guys at the time were doing. Works well. Would be happy to post some photos if you can wait a few weeks.
Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:01:24 PM »

thanks Glen....I'm coming around to the same conclusion too....the angles just don't seem quite right.

Cottles Bridge, VIC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: