FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 30, 2024, 04:13:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC FE HOLDEN NRMA VANS  (Read 14100 times)
red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2011, 05:16:37 PM »

GUYS DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE NRMA USED FE OR FC HOLDEN VANS IN THEIR SERVICE FLEET.

REGARDS
RED_DEVIL
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 07:37:07 PM »

I would expect that they did although have never seen a photo - there are quite a lot of photos of FC RACV vans

Ken
FCGos

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 07:57:19 PM »

Red Devil

To the best of my knowledge the first Holden NRMA van was an EJ.  I am actually employed by the NRMA so I will do some investigation and try to track down some photos if FC vans were in service.

Cheers Wayne
red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 08:26:43 PM »

Thanks again guys any help is very appreciated, you can imagine why I need the info.
Regards
John
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 03:12:18 AM »

John, I have a portion of one, a few years ago I was in a garage, Kiama or Nowra possibly, any how, they had a picture on the wall behind the counter of I assume their old NRMA sevice fleet.

In the pic is the front half of what is probably an FC Panelvan? bit hard to say although the painted headlight rims would suggest a ute or van

Anyway, I asked the bloke if he would lend me the picture to have it copied at the photo shop accross the road, so here it is, hope it is of help

Gary
red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 06:33:03 AM »

Wow that is a great lead indeed. I will forward this to the NRMA road service people and start the ball rolling, very appreciated.
Regards
Red_Devil
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 07:26:14 AM »

Would I be stretching things if I said I think it is a ute? Does that look like a radiused door corner? Or did vans have radiused corners on their doors as well? Or if you could zoom in and determine it is not a radiused corner - would that then prove it was a van?  Roll Eyes

Just trying to be helpful....  Grin

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 08:41:42 AM »

The number plate is not an in sequence issue for an FC.  This is more an early 60's issue plate, so the photo has to be after that time.  I'm guessing this is a country agency that has chosen the vehicles that suit it, rather than indicative of a fleet of FC's being used by NRMA.

Is that a BP sign just visible through the windscreen of the FC?

Cheers
David

fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 10:24:12 AM »

HEY PAUL I'VE GOT 2 VANS AND I CAN TELL YOU[TO B SURE-TO B SURE] THEY HAVE SQUARE CORNERS,OK BUDDY. Grin
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 05:35:25 PM »

Thanks Fink - did you notice how clean and shiny they all (the men looked scrubbed down as well) and there is some gloss on those truck wings!

Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
FCGos

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 06:10:14 PM »

Zulu

Do you think that where you got the picture may of been Berry which is between Kiama and Nowra.  Up until recently service station was a BP branded and is located on a corner on the main road (Princes Highway)

Cheers Wayne
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 07:18:28 PM »

Wayne, don't think it was Berry, as we have never stayed there, I recall we were staying near where I found it, could have been further down the coast though, possibly Vincentia area, or Bega, Bermigui

Paul..........wings? do you mean mudguards Cheesy I see what you mean about what appears to be a radius on the door though

I think those plates are around HD time period David, strange how they are both older vehicles & both have D plates ay

Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 08:48:33 PM »

Unless they bought them second hand and the plates were kept by the previous?

Ken's 57
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 11:19:10 PM »

Not an FE - FC I know, but thought this may be of interest. I bought it in 1977 for $600 as a work vehicle and got a lot of mileage out of it. I remember it had power points fitted on the inside as well as having two batteries. One battery in the normal place and one in the back which had a lever connected that could isolate all the electricals. I can't remember any other modifications but it may be worth investigating for anyone wanting to do a genuine resto. Even though the car was 12+ years old I would often get hailed down by stranded motorists. Photo doesn't really show it but the roof was light blue. Interior trim was roughly the same colour as the lower body.

Cheers...  Ken

Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 05:36:29 AM »

Gary,

The plate on the Dodge is April/May 1964, the FC plate as you correctly state is just prior to HD release, I'd guess November/ December 64.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 07:19:48 AM »

We had ABC 456 NSW plate growing up. The ABC series was sent down to southern NSW and my Dad went over and asked could he have ABC 000 but apparently a police Sergeant got there first. Then he asked for ABC 123 but apparently a police Constable got there first. So he went for ABC 456 in the sense it was 123 456 - what was the date he would have had to do that?

Cheers.

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 06:52:48 PM »

Paul, I think NSW A plates were around FX FJ and re issued around HG, others may know better
snuff69

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 08:42:31 PM »

My HK that my Grandmother bought new in jan 69 has ANO-941 plate     Dave
DN2168
nsw-club

Model: FC

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 08:48:19 PM »

Hey Dave,

I thought those plates came out on VY Commodores  Tongue.

Dean.
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 04:04:37 PM »

They reissued the NSW plates from the letter A in the late sixties, as they started to use up the plates allocated to NSW.  From that time the plates were jumbled before they realised that they could simply go beyong F in the alphabet without any problem.

David

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: