FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:42:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Panel Vans For Sale  (Read 3363 times)
Jockster

Old Holdens never die they just go faster

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2003, 10:43:49 AM »

I had a look at two Panel Vans for sale here in Mt. Gambier last week. I was very interested in them but too many other projects and lack of space made me decide not to buy them.
One Van is windowless, it has a red motor and trimatic fitted, also a HR Drum brake front end. It is about 95% complete, but needs new front floor sections and sill panels and rust repairs in the tailgate. The rest of the vehicle is not too bad, but it is a total strip down and rebuild job.
The other Van has had windows fitted, I would say by a dealer originally. It has a red motor and 3 speed original gearbox and some fairly old mags on it. I think it also has a HR front end (not sure on this as it was getting dark by the time I looked under it). This car is basically driveable if the brakes are bled, it has some rust in the front gaurds and around the airvent in front of the windscreen. It has some minor rust in the front floor. It could be tidied up, repainted and driven, although a total strip would be better.
Both cars have been registered in SA with red motors.
The owners name is Scott Bradley and he is asking $2000.00 for the pair (he will drop to $1800), but he will not seperate the two (otherwise I would have bought one and found somewhere to squeeze it).
Realistically I think the windowed van is worth $1000.00
and the windowless is probably worth $600.00. I don't know whether he will drop that low, the only advantage is his farther wants them out of his shed...NOW.
Scotts mobile number is 0418-84 9040 . hope they find a good home.
Cheers
Jock Cool

Cars are my life not just my work
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 09:48:41 PM »

Seems a lot of FE/Cs end up in the Mount. I got my FE from a guy just out of Mt G a few years ago, you see one advertised in the Trader every few months too.

Alex Williams
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 04:10:24 AM »

I was just reading about the vans, I live near Mount Gambier and wouldn't mind taking a look at them. I tried the guys mobile a few times but it just rings out. Would you have his address by any chance
Thanks
Alex
Jockster

Old Holdens never die they just go faster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2003, 06:20:27 AM »

Hi Alex
The guy who owns the car is a sales manager so he is not always that easy to get hold of. His address is 10 Cobblestone Court Mount Gambier and he has the cars there in a shed.
Cheers
Jock

Cars are my life not just my work
Alex Williams
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2003, 12:24:18 PM »

Thanks for that information, I'll go check them out tomorrow and see if I can do a deal with him
Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: