FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 07:38:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Black 57  (Read 4613 times)
black57

Model: FE

feratrod
View Profile
« on: April 27, 2011, 03:00:09 PM »

A bit about my baby.

Black FE Sedan:
Body ID# FE-215 3025 S
Trim # 47477
Paint # 253/6253AP
These numbers don't seem too right to me, and don't seem to work in the ID Plate results page, but that's what is stamped on it.

Rumor has it, it was an ex funeral home car from Sydney. The one used to pick up the family. The regular driver liked it so much he bought the car when it was time to upgrade to EJs. He drove it around for years before selling it to some young kid from Melbourne.

The young kid got a mate to take him to Sydney to get it. Against the advise of the previous owner, he decided to drive it back to Melbourne. He got half way, blew it up, and got it towed the rest of the way. He then put in another motor. I bought it from him, along with the original motor (still in storage). The motor he put in was pretty clapped out, so it didn't take long till I replaced that one too.

I bought her just in time to bring my daughter home from hospital when she was born almost 18 years ago. I then brought my first son home in it 2 years later. Since then it's been off the road, on the road, in 3 accidents,1 while it was parked. It's been sold and bought back in desperate hind site. Taken back to bare metal and is now resting quietly in my garage in black undercoat awaiting the next adventure.

She's had seven relatives come and retire at my place along the way, all of which have seen a far to early, but well earned permanent rest. All ID tags are gone now, with the exception of the last 2.

And she's even been friends with 8 HQs, an EJ Prem sedan, 3 HTs including a 6cyl Monaro, 1 Hk Prem and 4 Ht&G panelvans, 1 HR Panelvan and an insanely worked HR ute, 1 HQ panelvan and 1 HZ Panelvan. Not to mention a Datsun 1600, a Hilmun Hunter GT, 2 valiants, a Chrysler drifter, 2 360 v8 Chrysler by Chryslers, and numerous others. Never owned a F**d though.... Try saying that all in 1 breath...

She's always been the one I never got rid of...

Anyway, with all the black FE sedans out there to choose from, I had to get the one with the ridiculous ID numbers....

NO:    FE-215-3025-S
TRIM:    474-77
PAINT:    253-6253
     -
RPO:      

*** There could be inconsistencies in the identification data - please check you entered it correctly ***
That engine prefix (B) belongs to FB-EK series grey motors
The trim number does not correspond with the paint numbers!
( eq " over Unknown" || eq Unknown)
That interior trim code is unknown

Other Details
Chassis Number:    x-xxxxx-x
Engine Number:    B45785
Results and Explanation

FE-215-3025-S   Vehicle is an FE Standard Sedan, the 3,025th manufactured in Sydney, NSW.
474-77   The Exterior Trim Code (474) describes this car as Unknown: .
The Interior Trim Code (77) refers to: Unknown.
253-6253    The paint colour is Unknown colour code 6253 (in DUCO Lacquer)
x-xxxxx-x   The vehicle was assembled during Unknown, and was the FE (in any bodystyle) assembled in Unknown.
B45785   Manufacture date (based on engine number) is Unknown (Not an FE/FC engine no - should look like Lnnnnnn)

If anyone can make heads or tails of that mess, I'd be glad of the insight.

Pinky.

A car on the road is worth 2 in the shed...
FE Standard rat rod
MG Midget
1965 GSM Dart - ex race car
1948 Singer 9
2 1960s custom fiberglass race cars
And a couple of Cyclekarts underway
fe1957
qld-club

Turbo Charged

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 07:25:21 PM »

Hi Pinky,
           I plugged in these juggled numbers for you and come up with this;

FE-215-3025-S Vehicle is an FE Standard Sedan, the 3,025th manufactured in Sydney, NSW.
4-477 The Exterior Trim Code (4) describes this car as Single-Tone: Black.
The Interior Trim Code (477) refers to: Taurus Red.
253-6258  The paint colour is Black (Hi Gloss) (in DUCO Lacquer)

Here is mine a little later Smiley
FE-225-15050-S Vehicle is an FE Special Sedan, the 15,050th manufactured in Sydney, NSW.
245-465-AO The Exterior Trim Code (245) describes this car as Two-Tone: Castle Grey over Etna Maroon.
The Interior Trim Code (465) refers to: Fall Red & Parchment Ivory.
208-7457  The Primary (bonnet, guards) colour is Etna Maroon (Metallic) (in DUCO Metallic)
256 Unknown RPO code 256 factory fitted

cheers
Grant

OFE570
black57

feratrod
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 07:56:25 PM »

Fantastic. Thanks Grant.

I put the info in as displayed but just got gobbledy gook. Thanks for clearing that up. And the colours are correct, Black with a red interior.

Pinky

A car on the road is worth 2 in the shed...
FE Standard rat rod
MG Midget
1965 GSM Dart - ex race car
1948 Singer 9
2 1960s custom fiberglass race cars
And a couple of Cyclekarts underway
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile