FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 02:54:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wiring help  (Read 5389 times)
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:30:53 PM »

Even though I have taken 1300 odd photos of the Black FC and many of them of the wiring,I have hit a stumbling block.I have attached all of the wires from the engine bay loom to the rear loom.Most of it went together without too much head scratching but the one wire which doesn't seem to have a place is the White wire which goes into the indicator switch (steering column loom).The problem is that this wire has a socket on it and according to the wiring diagram it is supposed to connect to the Stop Lamp Switch but that also has sockets on it.Did they ever make a dedicated diagram for the FC or just the FE one with the front headlight/indicator supplement?Any help appreciated as it will be a while before I get a chance to check out one of my parts cars.Wouldn't have thought it would be this hard for a Technician/Electrician but I'm looking at the logic of how the connectors should go together.

Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
snuff69

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »

Yeah Jamie I had the same problem,after I put my steering column back in the wiring diagram did'nt seem to make sense. The colours of the wires did'nt seem to match what was in the car, mine is an FE so it may be different with the brake brake lights being the blinkers as well. But from memory it was the white wire from the flasher unit that did'nt seem to make sense. If someone does'nt help you ( I'm sure someone a lot more knowlegable than me will ) I'll have a look and let you know   Dave
wilburwilde

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 09:48:16 PM »

FE FC WIring diagram by Wilburwilde, on Flickr

41 is the indicator switch and it goes to conector 60 then to 59 the brake light switch. Hope this is a bit clearer and helps.

Will

I wish I had lots more money so i could fix the FE and just cruize ALL day!!
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 10:29:39 PM »

Thanks Will,this is a far more simplified diagram although I still can't grasp why I have two sockets.I don't recall anything odd when I unplugged it all although there is a slim possibility that a socket came off another wire and I just put it back on "somewhere".I really doubt this happened.I might just have to bight the bullet and go for a long drive to where my other cars are kept although only one has not been tampered with.Thanks for your help so far though.Cheers,Jamie.

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 07:01:21 PM »

Crisis over!I rang a mate of mine who has an FC wagon and he confirmed the white wire coming out of the column is not used!I expect this is for the FE's which use the brake lights for indicators which makes sense(why else would the indicator and brake light circuits be combined?).Have now managed to get all the indicators and the brake lights working.Thanks,Jamie.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: