FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 05:16:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Think i just bought another one  (Read 31532 times)
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Model: FC

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270719752093#ht_500wt_1156
Hope the link works

Car is located in Adelaide and apparently the second owner and very original. More updates soon
Nick
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:15:11 AM by customFC » Logged

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 07:59:41 PM »

Just spoke to the EX owner  Grin Seems a pretty genuine sort of fellow. Done 113k miles and is a regular runner, He bought it from mhis uncle who bougth it from an old lady ( who just drove to church on sundays). I think it has a receipt but he is going to check
Very excited!
Nick

Port Macquarie NSW
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »

hey, this car is at Goolwa which is south of adelaide isnt it. If it was any help, I have family down that way (south of adelaide) and I live in horsham vic, all my family are in adelaide if u need any help getting it somehow Smiley looks great!!!

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 08:12:54 PM »

Congratulations Nick!

When I saw the ad on ebay and posted it on the forum, I hoped that a forum member would purchase it. It seems like a great buy  Cheesy

Well done!

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 08:18:50 PM »

Thanks Boys
I think it is a great buy... and the wife was cool too. May have to change my name! Cheesy

I was just browsing ebay... didn't even see that you had posted ... but good spotting Keith Wink
Fewithrb30 I'm going to get a transport co to pick it up and deliver.

Just need to find one now! Tongue

Port Macquarie NSW
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 08:32:44 PM »

what i was thinking, Goolwa is an obscure place, My folks live at Reynella, not too far. He had his boat at goolwa for years. If there was any trouble getting it to somewhere or if the guy wanted to drive it to reynella, i am sure my folks would help you to store it their at their place until a suitable arrangement could be made.

http://www.adelaidecarexpress.com.au/contact.asp

Rapid Parts Express Delivery Service
Morphett Vale SA 5162
ph: 0414 591 691

Morphette vale or Lonsdale are the closest car transporters in that side of town.

Just a few if u needed any.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 09:02:57 PM »

Thanks.. will call them tomorrow!
If its going to cost 1000 bucks to transport i'm going on a road trip! Cool
Nick

Port Macquarie NSW
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 09:05:05 PM »

I could drive it from Adelaide and u meet me and get it at Horsham Smiley but u dont know me ha ha. I have truck licence. i could always put it in my tipper ha ha. see how u go. Id luv to drive that piece of coolness.

hey i just bought a second one, whats it with our wives being nice  :)this week

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 09:05:45 PM »

oh forgot, u need to change your name to "happy jan" lol.  Cheesy Grin

Deano

customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 02:15:41 AM »

Sweet score.
Regards
Alex

rat

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 08:44:44 AM »

that car transporter went under a few weeks ago doing them too cheep Roll Eyes
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 10:25:06 PM »

Which one you talking about Rat. I rang Adelaide car express late last night to see if the no. was operational . Some guy did answer to my surprise  and I explained my situation but he didn't want to know me. referred me to a mob in QLD.
So far ACR is the cheapest @ $1115  door to door. This is probably my only option as it has limited rego in SA.  Depot to depot is by far the cheapest Wingfiled  near Adelaide to Villawood in Sydney is $515. But getting i to Adelaide and then I'd have to drive it up to Port. An extra 500 buck for 500 K's  Undecided
Compare that to 270 bucks for a single airfare to Adelaide and a 1800k trip home in an untried and unknown vehicle. 20 years ago I would have jumped at the chance. I hate dilemmas. I can't belive ive turned into a conservative.   Shocked

Port Macquarie NSW
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 10:23:19 AM »

Mild to Wild or Competitive Towing in Adelaide should be able to get the car from Goolwa to Winfield, not sure about rates though.
PM or email Cajerridoc, he's down that way and might know of other transport options.

DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 11:25:32 AM »

ROAD TRIP.....ROAD TRIP.....ROAD TRIP Grin
JB
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 11:42:40 AM »

When I got my ute, I drove it from Byron Bay to Cairns... about 1800km's was awesome fun, but broke down with a tiny wiring issue... took ages to find it. When I got home the leaks in the engine and the play in the steering made the early start to the modifications.
Would do it again though!
JB

Phone +64 223509263
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 01:53:11 PM »

Nick,

I would have no hesitation in driving it across, after checking with the current (former) owner that the car does run, is able to drive, has no known issues and that the brakes work effectively.

I would obtain a permit from the SA rego authority to drive the car across. I would take a basic tool kit with me, and purchase oil, a large water container (25L) and some spares, such as fan belt and radiator hoses. Have a look and check the heater hoses too, if fitted and check over anything that looks suspect. Have the engine gearbox and diff oils changed. Have the brakes checked. Take a spare fuel pump and gasket. Also take a spare fuel line hose (the braided hose) that connects to the fuel pump to the fixed line. Either purchase a bag of rags or take some with you.

A lot of the above you should be able to do yourself, which may save yourself a few dollars. Once this is checked, then take off! Keep checking the car every 20 miles of so, keeping an ear out for noised that sound unfamiliar, or water mist coming out from under the bonnet. after the first 100 miles, then you will have an indication of how you are travelling, if no issues have surfaced, then check every town that you travel through, just pull up at a service station and check all fluids. Don't take the radiator cap off, just squeeze the top radiator hose. If it feels full and won't compress then all is OK. If the sides of the radiator hoses touch together, then you will have to remove the radiator cap. Be very carefull when doing this, place a rag over the cap, and loosen it to the first notch. Let the steam escape, leaving it for a few minutes. then carefully remove the cap, again with a rag over the radiator.

Either way I wish you all the best with your new car.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »

Are you an NRMA premium cover member (not sure if that's what it's called over there) - might pay to become one for this year to ensure you can get the car towed "home" in the worst case scenario.  Hey, you only live life once - get some adventure back in it!  Nothing like a road trip - especially one that you're not sure you're going to make!  Cheesy 

You could also let everyone on here know when you're going and what route and get some phone numbers of forum members along the way for back up - if you need it.

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 02:03:27 PM »

And if you need a lift from the airport to Goolwa and it's on a weekend - let us know and we'll see what we can do for you.  Smiley as long as it's not Easter!

NosFEratu
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 02:34:02 PM »

Thanks for the responses everyone.
I'm definitly going to think about it. It would be a fun trip and your idea Kathi is a great one about getting contacts along the way Wink
I want this as a club car while i do up the other wagon so don't want to flog it too much . I'd go mental if I had two one the mend Cry
My last FC road trip was to Alice springs and back in an untried newly renovated  Cool standard sedan in 1990.
Pictures of that to follow, Have to dig them out.
Do you think I could get a permit for the drive over the phone. If I were to do it it would be down Saturday and back for work Monday.
May have to take a day off work.... then you loose that days pay..... Back to transporting it Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

Port Macquarie NSW
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 05:30:39 PM »

OK – just been on the phone to a friend who knows the rego system here pretty well.  He says all states (except WA) recognise each other’s unregistered vehicle permits. 

Get together all the ID numbers for the vehicle (including the current rego number) and go to your local NSW rego office.  Tell them you want an Unregistered Vehicle Permit as you want to buy and a vehicle on SA historic rego and drive it back to NSW. He recommended that you mention it is on historic rego as it will demonstrate to them that it’s technically registerable and not some piece of crap……. although, it is an FC. Tell them the start and end address of your trip and that you plan to take the most direct route using major roads – allowing for overnight accommodation etc if need be.

My friend reckons you shouldn’t have any problems with getting a Permit but asked you to contact me if you do and then he’ll make some inquiries here on your behalf.

Hope this helps

NosFEratu
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: