FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 08, 2024, 09:52:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE ute  (Read 27967 times)
87 velo
nsw-club

Model: FE

Sydney

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2011, 12:35:13 PM »

I had HR, EH when I first started driving in the seventies with most of the usual mods, but they where never completed to a standard I was happy with, mostly because I needed to keep them going.  I found this FE ute about 12 years ago but hoped I'd find a better one, no luck, so I got this in July 2007.  Progress has been slow because a change of job meant that I had to complete a uni degree.  Anyway at least it's started, doing all the mods first so paint and body repairs will be last

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:20:30 PM by stinky » Logged
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 04:17:38 PM »

At least you started off with one cool car!  Grin

NosFEratu
87 velo
nsw-club

Sydney

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 04:21:02 PM »

202 from my old Torana HR front end with discs, commodore rack and wipers and 5 speed box
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:32:04 PM by stinky » Logged
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

Model: FC

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 05:04:52 PM »

The poor thing came from a pretty tough jungle. When your finished you will have saved something very special. Good luck with it all.

Rgds

Wayne
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 05:35:30 PM »

Good on you mate, haven't seen triple SU's or even twin SU's for a while, how does or did it run?

What colour/s are you going to paint it

Cheers Gary
87 velo
nsw-club

Sydney

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 06:43:16 PM »

Good on you mate, haven't seen triple SU's or even twin SU's for a while, how does or did it run?

What colour/s are you going to paint it

Cheers Gary
It used to run great, motor is now apart for a freshen up and make it a little quicker, only had about 40k after last rebuild when the Torana it was in was tail ended.  I never had trouble with SU's (had them on the HR and EH) they just need to be set up properly with a good linkage and they're fine, I am a motorcycle mechanic by trade so 3 carbs is easy have dealt with 6 on one engine. I was going to add the fc trim on the side and do the 2 tone but now have decided to paint it Flipper blue with a white roof.
Cheers Mick
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 07:28:11 PM by stinky » Logged
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 07:09:15 PM »

I love them mini lites what a good looking car looks in very good condition in the photo ...

Pete

BLOK

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 08:56:39 PM »

looks good Mick my sedan is a 202 with celica 5 speed I'm in the process of installing them at the moment ,just wondering are you going to install indicators or run without .my sedan doesn't have any either but i am going to fit them good luck with it cheers Gary
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 09:18:58 PM »

Sounds like a good choice of colour, gee there are a lot of utes coming out of the woodwork latley, good luck with it & keep us up to date with the pics

Gary
87 velo
nsw-club

Sydney

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 10:37:28 PM »

looks good Mick my sedan is a 202 with celica 5 speed I'm in the process of installing them at the moment ,just wondering are you going to install indicators or run without .my sedan doesn't have any either but i am going to fit them good luck with it cheers Gary
It took a while (much hunting about), but I now have the front indicators and blinker switch, will probably run orange globes under the original lenses
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 11:18:07 AM »

Great job Mick.It's always good to see where they started off.Surprising that you were able to purchase it as most of the time these vehicles just rot into the ground because the owners are too stubborn to sell them.Keep up the good work,will be watching with interest.Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
smudge

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 09:12:32 AM »

Looks like Cooma wrecking yard am i correct. This bloke will let you through his yard for a $10 bucks, well worth a look. More of a museum than a wreckers.
87 velo
nsw-club

Sydney

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 10:27:57 AM »

Looks like Cooma wrecking yard am i correct. This bloke will let you through his yard for a $10 bucks, well worth a look. More of a museum than a wreckers.
Yep it's Flynns of Cooma, the first time time I got in for free (many years ago)
Gordon
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 12:54:08 PM »

Hi all, does anyone have the address for the wreckers at Cooma ? is it open all weekend ? phone no ?
Thanks Gordon
87 velo
nsw-club

Sydney

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 02:58:42 PM »

Hi all, does anyone have the address for the wreckers at Cooma ? is it open all weekend ? phone no ?
Thanks Gordon
It's 408 Snowy Mountains Hwy Cooma, the phone No. is 6452 1866 Wayne is the man in charge.  Last time I was there he only opened Saturday morning, besides week days of course.  Its a bit sad to see those cars out in the open roting, but at least they aren't being crushed!
Cheers Mick
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 05:37:05 PM »

Last time that I went to Flynns Wrecking Yard was to get a few bits and pieces. There certainly wasn't an admission charge, although you had to haggle for prices as they weren't too keen an parting with anything for less than an arm and a leg.

Must have been about 12 years ago

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
87 velo
nsw-club

Sydney

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 11:00:13 PM »

I had HR, EH when I first started driving in the seventies with most of the usual mods, but they where never completed to a standard I was happy with, mostly because I needed to keep them going.  I found this FE ute about 12 years ago but hoped I'd find a better one, no luck, so I got this in July 2007.  Progress has been slow because a change of job meant that I had to complete a uni degree.  Anyway at least it's started, doing all the mods first so paint and body repairs will be last

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:22:28 PM by stinky » Logged
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 11:26:41 PM »

very good.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 11:36:01 PM »
+1

The car is coming along nicely.
Last time I went to Flynns, it was on the way home from the 2005 Nats. I took this pic.

Regards
Alex

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 12:59:33 AM »

Alex,

Your collection of photos never ceases to amaze me.....

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: