FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:35:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cruseing Tassy in style  (Read 3538 times)
dnb
vic-club

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2011, 08:04:17 PM »

Here are a few photos taken while touring Tasmania in my old girl. Due to a gremlin in my computer, I can only post a few photos at a time before it goes stupid and shuts down. I'll add more later.
We arrived at devonport on 16th Feb and drove to Hobart, stopping off at the Elibizath Town Bakery for breakfast. Thank's for putting us onto if Josh, great little spot to stop.
Than onto Deloraine where I spotted an old ute, found the owner working nearby and had a chat. He has owned the ute for past 25 years and has fitted a red motor, HR front drum brakes and uses it daily for work.
Than it was on to launceston and a look at the National Automobile Museum ot Tasmania.
I'll put up a few picts of some of the cars soon.
We arrived in Hobart about 3.00 pm.
The old girl performed faultlessly the whole trip, some of the hills slowed her up a bit but she was fine going down them  Grin Grin
I put in about a half litre of oil and only had to top up the radiator once.
The ownly downside was about 2 hours before we lined up to board the ferry home, an elderly guy in a motor home backed into the right front guard. No damage to bright work and $300 to fix so not too bad.
More picts soon,
Cheers, Darcy

Breakfast time.

Ute at deloraine

National Automobile museum.

Hobart waterfront.

jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:19:46 PM »

I really like the pic of the old girl in front of the museum  Smiley

She looks good enough to be IN it!

Great pics, Darcy; more please...

cheers, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Rusty EK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 08:25:54 PM »

Think I saw you coming through Copping one Friday arvo as I was filling the boat up , she looked good , you must have been down Port Arthur way Huh

Hope you enjoyed your trip around .
dnb
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »

Many thanks to weddo and Ol_Girl_58 for their advice and taking time out, with their partners, to arrange a drive to Snug with Jackie and myself where we met with another club member and his wife for dinner.

We left Hobart on Friday morning and spend some time in Richmond, the old girl became the centre of attention on the main street,

Some admirers at Richmond

From Richmont we had a nice leasurely drive to Port Arthur and spent the next two nights there exploring the area.

motel, Port Arthur

dnb
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 09:31:28 PM »

Wet day at Port Arthur.

weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 09:37:37 PM »

Hi Darcy and Jackie,

Good to hear you both arrived home safetly, all but a small bump (bet he wasn't a Tasmanian) It was great that Judi and I could catch up with you both again, and for a couple of our club members and forum members to meet you and have a meal and a chat.

We welcome any of our mainland forum and club member to come and enjoy our little island.

regards

Weddo and Judi
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 11:12:16 PM »

Glad you and Jackie enjoyed your trip, Darcy.

It was great to meet you both.

Shame about the bump Undecided

Cheers,

Josh

Ol_Girl_58
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: