FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:22:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Latest Family addition  (Read 38618 times)
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2011, 09:30:33 PM »

Hi everyone,

This not a F@#D, its a Lincoln. Here are some shots of a 1956 Lincoln Capri I have just acquired. It is Glacier White over Summit Green. Fairly rare, they made 4,355 of the Hardtops for 1956 and this was a Christmas present from a Colorado Springs man to his wife. Paint and trim are original. Motor is a 368 ci V8, 3 speed auto, power steer, brakes and automatic lubrication. Weighs 1950 kgs and is 19.25' long. All things being equal it should be here in a couple of months.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 11:24:55 PM »

Damn John, that's some fine looking American steel.
Congrats on the new addition.
I hope it turn out to be everything they say it is.
Looking forward to getting a closer look some day soon.
Regards
Alex

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 08:20:10 AM »

Hey John,
Looks like a classic if i ever saw one. Well done, hope it arrives safely.
Cheers,
Graham
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 09:11:34 AM »

not an FE or FC, but what a fantastic car!!

more pics when available, please John!

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Maco
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 09:33:13 AM »

John,

That's a very NICE addition, how many is there in the stable now?

Cheers
John

Better in Green
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 01:44:36 PM »

I see that you're still holding true to Nev... Very 138.   Cheesy

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 07:12:59 PM »

A nice addition to your collection Nev, I hope that it turns out to be all that you expect

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Sheriff
qld-club

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 09:57:45 PM »

very nice ride, John.   saw this while browsing...http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Orig-1956-Advert-LINCOLN-Premiere-Coupe-YELLOW-/380281197865?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588a869529.   thought you might be interested.    Mike.
HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 02:02:31 PM »

Hi John
Very nice addition to the stable how many is that now?
Cheers
Brett

Brett Gillard
Champ58FC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 09:42:44 PM »

Just beautiful Cool

They sure don't make cars like they used to...
Johns

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 08:39:47 PM »

Hi all.

Well the Lincoln deal fell through. Funny isnt it but both my Dad (was) and I am a GM guy so I guess it wasnt unexpected.

Still we keep moving on and here are photos of one that I have concluded. Its a 1948 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special, in Sage Green with Green Bedford Cord and Black Leather trim. This is another landmark design from Bill Mitchell, following on from his ground breaking 1938-41 Sixty Special. This was Cadillacs top of the line series for most of the 50s and 60s. Aside from the famous first ever tailfins inspired by the P38 fighter this pioneered the modern greenhouse to body ratio. Despite the fact that its nearly 19' long compare how modern it looks compared with most 1948 cars.

It is powered by a 346 ci (5.6 ltr) side valve V8 (last year) and four speed Hydramatic (goes back to 1940!) and hydra lectric windows and front seat. Windows are hydraulic and used brake fluid to operate them! These have been converted to ATF, not before leaking cylinders damaged some of the door paint. 33,000 miles recorded, I dont know if its correct.

Here are a few photos;

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
FCGos

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 09:11:17 PM »

You sure can pick them........................ looks great hope it lands safely.

Cheers Wayne
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 09:57:58 PM »

She's a beauty!!
I hope you're cruisin in it soon.
Regards
Alex

Johns

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 10:20:04 PM »

Thanks guys.

She's not as glamourous as the Lincoln, Alex, or the Buicks, or even the FE! But she is from that narrow window for US cars between about 1939 to 1953 when styling had matured but they were still "relatively" restrained, senior Cadillacs were understated. Fleetwood Sixty's had little chrome adornment and before power steer/brakes etc., became common and when cloth trim was the sign of quality. My 53 Riviera is right on the cusp of this change with its brash colour scheme. From 1954/55 on the US went beserk with colour, power, fins and chrome.

All good fun.

Cheers
John

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 06:23:43 PM »

Beautiful. Well done, John.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Johns

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »

The 60S arrived bang on time from Savannah Georgia, 29 days door to door. Cleared customs and AQIS with no problems or extra cost. In all - aside from the fact that it cost money Tongue  -  it was painless.

Car is exactly as described by the vendor no surprises whatsoever, we charged the battery and she fired straight up and runs and drives beautifully. Even the wipers work! One of the Hydro-lectric windows seems to have a mind of its own, but that seems par for the course with these. The colour is actually Cavern Green and the trim is black leather and what was originally a light green broadcloth, its now faded to a light grey. Some restoration will be required to preserve where the leather has shrunk and pulled the stitching but largely its good. I need to address the paint on the bottom of three doors where the brake fluid has leaked from the window cylinders and wrecked the paint but other than this and some minor chrome work the outside is also pretty good.

Car passed rego this morning. I have a ticket for Eastern Creek, so hopefully she will be there.

I have a few jobs to do which I knew about when I bought it, looking forward to actually driving her. My engineer says she drives better than my 53 Buick  Sad, but that's on cross plies and this is on radials Smiley.

Cheers
John

Maco
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 11:44:57 AM »

Look forward to viewing her on Sunday.

Cheers
John

Better in Green
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 06:17:53 PM »

John That is sooooo Cool ......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
snuff69

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 06:59:20 PM »

Glad she arrived safetly John, she looks like a beauty.     Dave
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 08:16:28 PM »

I like Cadillacs, but I never really wanted to own one... 

until I saw this one Cool Cool Cool

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: