FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 11:29:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Flexible Brake Hose.  (Read 2664 times)
d82

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:18:31 PM »

Hello All,

After 52 yrs of sterling service, the brakes on my FC have started playing up. I am replacing the slave cylinders as they were a bit corroded inside. In the process, I have found that one of the flexible hoses (the only one I have off so far) appears to be restricted. I can't blow air through. I did manage to pump some brake fluid through (emptying the reservoir a couple of times) by connecting them up and pumping the pedal but this didn't clear the restriction. Is this normal?

If not, are new hoses readily available?

Thanks

David.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 10:51:56 PM »

Welcome David...  this is pretty normal for the hoses as they age  good practise to replace all 3  hoses while you are at it  most brake shops can get them made up for you in a few days  not sure if Rare spares carry them and have a good look at the metal lines as well  50 years is a long time for a metal hydraulic line ......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
d82

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 06:30:16 PM »

Thanks,

D.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 08:54:21 PM »

When I was at Hoppers Stoppers, part of my job was to make up hoses while the customer waited. Being an old Holden enthusiast I had all the early Holden hoses already made ready to go Grin Grin Grin Grin
I was often complimented for how fast I was able to make the hoses up Cool

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: