FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 26, 2024, 07:12:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 59 FC Special Sedan for sale  (Read 11943 times)
ownfc59
qld-club

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2010, 03:37:50 PM »

It's with much regret that I am looking to sell my FC sedan "Marge".  
I would be willing to sell her either with or without rego and with or without a roadworthy certificate.  With rego (5 months) and roadworthy I would be asking $8,500.
Once she's had a good wash & polish I will post some more pics but I have attached a few taken over the past 12 -18 months for now.
Car is in Toowoomba.
The car has only slightly been modified from original.  It has a twin carby set up, finned rocker cover, extractors & electric wipers but otherwise the engine bay is pretty original.  Interior roof lining has been re-done in non-genuine material and it has a cd/mp3 player fitted with front & rear speakers.  It has 13 inch mag wheels colour coded to body colour.
I've owned it for 2 1/2 years & it hasn't done a lot of work, been under cover most of the time & as a result, the paintwork is in quite good condition.  It only has 1 slight ding on the passengers side front guard (from where some lovely person tampered with my wheel nuts & the front wheel came off while driving home one afternoon).  The chrome & stainless trim is in very good condition.  Virtually no rust.
Interior is in fair condition, both seats could do with a re-spring & re-trim but all door cards are good & it has carpet fitted to the floor which is in reasonable condition.  Dashboard is pretty good, all dials & lights work.
Mechanically the car is very sound.  Goes well, stops well and doesn't run hot.
I also have numerous spares which I would be happy to throw in if I can get near my asking price.  I have front & rear windscreens, a boot, a number of doors in varying condition and also a selection of chrome & stainless trim pieces plus some carby & dissy parts.
If interested, I would be happy to take calls on 0419 673 141.
If you would like further information or more pics my email address is peterandliz3@bigpond.com
Cheers,
Pete

ownfc59
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 09:51:25 PM »

Had the scuff plates off the other night & took pics of the inner sills, all of which look in excellent condition.

dougie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 09:47:03 PM »

Hi, just wondering if marge is still for sale? If so can you please send some pics to ashnonie@westnet.com.au. Thanks
ownfc59
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 11:20:52 AM »

Hi Dougie,
Yes, she's still for sale.  I have someone from Brisbane coming to have a look at her on Saturday, but no guarantees he will buy.
I'm just having trouble with sending the email.  I suspect the file size is too large with all the photo files attached.  When I get home tonight I will try again or perhaps just post them here on the forum.
Cheers,
Pete
ownfc59
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »

More photos including all the bad bits I could find:
Some rust in the crossmember just under the drivers front door sill
spots of rust around the rear dog legs
spot of rust on drivers side around the bottom of the b pillar
dent in front passenger side guard

pretty good I reckon for a 51 year old classic.

dougie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 09:54:50 PM »

Thanks Pete, good luck for saturday. If for some reason it doesn't sell can you let me know, either post here or my mob is 0429 050 272. I'm in rockhampton but might be able to get someone to come and have a look for me. Is there much that would need to be done for a roadworthy? Thanks
ownfc59
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 07:26:22 AM »

Hi Dougie,
It had a roadworthy 2 years ago & really has only done probably 2,000 km since then so I wouldn't expect it would need too much.
It probably depends who you take it to.  If they accept that the car is 51 years old and hasn't just rolled off the showroom floor I don't think they'd find too much.  Maybe that rust patch in the crossmember would need to be cut out & replaced and perhaps a couple of new tyres but I'd be surprised if there was anything else that would cost major dollars.
If I don't sell it Saturday I'll let you know.
Cheers,
Pete
ownfc59
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 08:38:59 PM »

Price reduced to $6,250 as is with no rego or roadworthy.
Cheers, Pete
OldGaz
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 09:06:23 AM »

Just bought it!!
Now the work begins....
Champ58FC

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 11:02:49 AM »

Congrats mate..enjoy the car Wink

They sure don't make cars like they used to...
dougie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 09:01:04 PM »

Hi Pete, sorry i haven't been in touch, i've moved house and good ole telstra has screwed me around with phone and internet. i'm kicking myself cause i was very interested  in marge. i'm still looking for a good daily driver sedan and a ute to play around with as a drag car. hopefully something comes up soon. thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: