FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 27, 2024, 12:15:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Roller Adelaide to Sydney  (Read 4561 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: September 27, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »

I am after any leads or contacts that can transport a rolling (steerable) car from Adelaide to Sydney at a resonable rate.

earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 07:16:07 PM »

Stinky - Try GAZRAT he often does the trip or he will put you onto Stretch that will definitely do it for you

Matt
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Model: FC

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:49:49 PM »

Stinky... how did you get on with that transport issue. Did you manage to get it done. I need some transport from Adelaide to Port Macquarie mid north coast NSW
Nick

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 09:34:20 PM »

Ha ha uve opened up a can of worms  Cheesy perhaps ill just hire a truck and bring them to youz ha ha, a big road trip. then ill have to buy a third one to make it worthwhile. dunna what the missus will think of that  Undecided Kiss

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 10:05:33 PM »

Stinky... how did you get on with that transport issue. Did you manage to get it done. I need some transport from Adelaide to Port Macquarie mid north coast NSW
Nick
The car ended up being a runner and I did manage to get it here to Adelaide, but I was just like your forum name  Wink
The seller had managed to rig the wiring so that it would start to get it off and on the truck, no light, no thermo fan etc.
Align Car Carrying.
I called and booked the car, asked some questions and was told that the car would be left at an Adelaide Depot for me to arrange collection.
Cool! Booked and paid early in the week, seller confirmed that the car was collected on the Friday. I was expecting a call Tuesday or Wednesday to come collect the car.
Sunday 4:00pm "ish" I got a call from the Driver wanting to meet me for me to collect the car at 3 AM at a location 25kms away, if I did meet him he would unload and leave the keys on the roof. I had no choice but to agree.
Another phone call around 1 AM changing the meeting time  Angry
I arrived at the location on time and it would seem he'd been there for a while, the car was parked off to one side revving it's guts out then 30 seconds after I got there dropped it's bundle (no thermo fans working). The area was pretty dodgey and after some persuation the driver took the car a couple of minutes down the road to a servo, for me to arrange a flat tow in the morning.
I called the company and of course couldn't get hold of anyone of any importance, no returned calls, emails went unanswered. A week or so later an abusive email trying to lay blame on me, stating the driver had to put petrol in when the tank had been filled by the seller and other lies or mis-communications.
A bad experience all 'round.

Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 10:58:38 PM »

Hmm I remember reading about that Shocked
Air fares are only 270 bucks.... looking like a better option... provided she gets back OK Undecided

Port Macquarie NSW
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 11:32:26 PM »

i reckon your onto a good thing. It looks like a good car and Goolwa people are awesome. It would have to be ok to get around that area i reckon. Its not feral at all.

How bout you fly to Radelaide and get it, then drive it to Horsham (5 hours, probably 7 for fc) then if u have trouble u can stay in our caravan here. I have to go to melbourne anyway to get a few things for my taxi, by then I should have our new sv6 sportswagon, then I can borrow my friends car trailer if you are having trouble (even on way here) and drop it at a depot where there will be a plethora of carriers or u continue on your merry way  Grin

I need to go to little india soon anyway so no skin off my nose, could go up on a thursday or friday, then u can see my resto's/projects.

The fact that we dont know each other doesnt matter really. After a few bourbons it would seem ok. It would be a good adventure, either way we will get her back somehow ha ha.

im serious ya know, a 5 - 7 hr drive with a back up plan isnt as silly as it seems.

Will u still be unhappy after buying this one though  Cheesy

This would just be some other thing that makes my wife think i am weird, but if it is going to help a complete stranger out then im all for it.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 11:49:31 PM »

Might be alright if you could find a cheap taxi from the airport,because its 87 kms down south and most of the uni student drivers would
 have know idea  Huh

cheers stewy   Cool

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 08:38:53 AM »

Thanks Boys... How do you get a cheap taxi Huh It would probably cost me more than the flight!

Port Macquarie NSW
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »

take a fold up bike  Cheesy

Deano

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: