FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:23:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Ute Half Skins  (Read 2052 times)
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2010, 03:18:55 PM »

Hi All,

I need to do some repairs on a ute door with rust appearing in the lower section. My question is - "Is the the doors of the sedan and the ute the same?" (lower section at least)

The reason for this is Craig Vane is advertising the following and thought they would be a good option if they are the same-  http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FE-FC-FB-EK-HOLDEN-FRONT-AND-REAR-DOOR-1-2-SKINS-/350393723809?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item519517eba1.

He also states that they are also for FB / EK. In light of a previous discussion on fender repair sections being different, is there a difference between FE/FC and FB/EK lower door sections.

Many Thanks again.

Rod
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 07:50:10 PM »

Doors from sedan and ute are the same on the lower section just the top hoop is different.

As for FB EK lower looks the same but if he stuffed up by mixing the guard quarters up chances are he hasnt checked if they are the same.

Surely you can find some doors would be easier wouldnt it.

I have a smick ute door in storage at a mates house if this helps cant remeber what side tho.

Pete

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 07:16:13 PM »

I think the FB EK rear door lower is identical to the FE FC, but the front door lower is a bit different under the quarter vent window.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: