FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 01:41:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC 9 inch Rear  (Read 3318 times)
splitty

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2010, 07:03:11 AM »

Can anyone advise me of their projects running 9inch rear ends. Hr crossmember for front ( CRS) complete and ready for fitting . I am after info (Read as shortcut) on whats the biggest wheel width  that i can fit and the length of the actual diff. Not much good with a welder so this will be a order to measurement over the phone from a supplier , drive to melb pay enormous cheque and bring it home , bolt it in. Hoppers Stoppers discs for front and disc s as well for rear.

Gaz
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 02:43:20 PM »

What engine are you running as the old commodore diff is pretty solid and you wont lose as much power turning it and you wont have the  f f f f f f f f
ord bits in it.

bit like a 9 inch name what ratio you need.

Also price is a bit cheaper than setting up a 9 inch.

if its just a road car i would go the old commodore.

thats my 2 cents anyway.

simins
vic-club

Our Toys

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 04:10:42 PM »

depends what wheels your going to run and the offset for that particular wheel. Offset being the amount the mounting face of the wheel is offset from the centre of the rim either positive or negative. Your tyre choice will impact upon this also. I would say you will definatley fit a 14 x 7 on the rear and 14 x6 at front.
 I am currently building a chev powered FC sedan with 9 inch rear end and Hadfield front end but i am
changing to LX torana front end with Leyland P76 rotors. I am running 14 x 8s on rear and going to mini tub the rear wheel wells to get clearance . Am unsure of my rearend width and will probably get it shortend again to suit new choice of rims. The morale of this tale is to make sure of your build specs before you start ordering modified parts, and to measure , measure and double check your measurements, and there are no easy shortcuts when building a modified vehicle if in doubt read last sentence again hope this is of some help all the best Simon Addison
splitty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 06:47:47 PM »

Thanks guys , I had a trip to Melb today and visited the Showwheels store, really like the 17 x 7 streeters . As you guys hav mentioned i will measure up now , armed with some info gained from Show wheels. I have been reading all the threads related to rear ends and may still yet go with the old commie. VN i think is the one . Like everyone else new to the forum , i will post some pics when i work out how , Hav at least got a photobucket account as of last nite lol
Gaz
(Splitty)
FCV08

Model: FC

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 06:58:43 PM »

Gaz

Be interested on how you go as I was looking at the same Wheels/Diff combo.

I am currently modding up for a 304 Inj, T700 and Commy Diff all from a VN Donor.

Keep me posted .

Cheers

Craig D
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 07:19:27 PM »

I do diff saddles if you get stuck pedro has some pics of them in his build thread.
FCRB30

I just shortened a vn diff and had the long axle re splined and a billet one made for the short side all for under 500 bucks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: