FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:50:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: seatbelts  (Read 2603 times)
59 me

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2010, 04:31:19 PM »

hi,just wondering if someone can inform me of i have a 59 fc that is registered in victoria with no seatbelts..i was going  to install 5 seatbelts from either hemco or klippan for the kids and myself and i've heard you need to get a engineers certificate ...is this true ?  and why...?       ..Whats the best way to tackle this...cheers mike
GMHwagoon

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 05:24:46 PM »

hope this helps

having just registered my fc wagon in victoria, l come off club rego and  my car only had front seat belts
             by what you are saying your car has already got  rego and no belts at all
             the only reason l can see for getting a engineers cert would be to cover yourself insurance wise if by some bad luck you had an accident.
             also look in the back these are your kids sitting there,do it safely do it properly
             belts need to be retractable  also you will need to put three in the front and back, lap for the middle
          anchoring plates need to be a certain size and have rounded corners as to not tear the floor on sudden impact
             suggest you do ask an engineer mine was pretty basic $500 all up done the work myself pass ok
             peace of mind that counts
             another reason  if you go more than 10% more in engine capacity  grey motor to 186 say  you need certificate for rego
              hope this helps

59 me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 07:41:20 PM »

thanks ...much apprciated
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: