FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 01:09:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Project - take 2  (Read 111264 times)
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2011, 10:43:26 PM »

Looking good.
You're missing a couple of lights up front though.
What did you use for the wipers and have you got pics of the setup?
Looking forward to the next installment.
Regards
Alex

Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2011, 12:18:52 AM »

You ever get that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach? I look at those pics and get that feeling..... why do I have 10 thumbs???  Roll Eyes

That car is going to be with you for a very long time - 'well wear' as they say here.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 07:34:21 AM »

Hi Wasim,

The car is looking fantastic, it should look sweet once it has some colour on it.

Dean.
Wasim

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2011, 08:10:04 AM »

Looking good.
You're missing a couple of lights up front though.
What did you use for the wipers and have you got pics of the setup?
Looking forward to the next installment.
Regards
Alex

Hi alex,
Ever had one of those moments when you sold or traded something and then wish you hadn't?HuhHuh?? Well that's how I feel about the guards that had the International truck quad lights - even though I would not of used them on this car again - it would be nice to still have them hanging on the shed wall - Oh well................. but they're in a good place.

The wiper set up was a lot of mucking around but worth it in the end. It's a mixture of Lucas parts from different cars - with the actual motor I'm unsure of what car it may have come from originally - the original 'wheel' in the motor was a 175 degree sweep (stamping on the wheel) - so it must have been something with a large screen?Huh perhaps Jag or Triumph?Huh There was a fair bit of mucking around working out where to mount the motor - you can see in the picture I choose to use a large bolt through the side of the bulkhead (a bit of luck that I got it in the right spot) it tucks right up in there and allows the glovebox insert to still go in and out without any hassles.I changed the wheel to a 120 degree sweep thinking that I'd get the wiper arms to nicely sweep across the smaller FC screen - but no - I had the wiper arms sweeping right off the screen - I could of used them to signal a left and righthand turn at the same time?Huh?? So using a little bit of maths (my old maths teacher would of been so proud of me seeing that I was kicked out of the class so many times) and calculated how much I had the move the pivot arm on the wheel closer to the centre (10mm) - using another wheel I cut the pivot out, cut off the pivot arm of the wheel that's in the motor now and welded in the 'new' pivot arm in the right spot. Then put the motor back together (a bugger of a job in itself - did this about 6 six times) and bingo it works a treat and sweeps exactly to the edge of the screen. The rest of the set up is 'mini minor' that's the cable (cut to length) tubes and pivots. To get the 'clapping hands' happening I simply 'reversed - re-upside down' the pivot on the drivers side. The tubes were resized and attached to the pivots. Normally there is a piece of tube between the motor and first pivot - but because of the way I mounted it the motor joins basically straight to the first pivot. I then made a wiper switch knob using a light switch knob - cut the shaft off - and attached it to an after market 2 speed switch with 'push' for the wiper washer. I have a video of the wipers working I'll see if I can post it. Don't actually have any step by step pictures. Hope this helps. Regards, Wasim

South Australia
BLOK

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2011, 06:35:46 PM »

looks great wasim very neat
Wasim

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2011, 02:36:36 PM »

The sedan is being painted, stainless is all polished, badges have all been redone, chrome is back this week after being re-plated, back window and side glass has had all the scratches polished out and the interior is being redone - the shed has been cleaned up........................so what do you do while waiting for everything to come back ready for final assembly?HuhHuh?

Buy another car sounds like a great idea?

A Ute this time

I managed to get the 'quad headlight guards' back again (thanks Stinky)

The Ute came with a HR disc brake front end (not fitted) a 'worked' (still to be checked out) 161 with aussie 4 speed box.

Floors are not back - but the inner and outer sills need replacing and the front sub frame needs some rust removal but the back is in OK condition.

Plan is to lower it as much as possible (legally) and customise it with an 'out there' paint job?

But first things first - finish off the sedan by Christmas - registered and on the road - and then start on the Ute in the new year.

Wasim

South Australia
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2011, 06:28:21 PM »

I do like those quads. Glad your back have not heard from you for a while.

The utes a beauty.

Regards

Wayne B
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2011, 11:04:08 PM »

The quad lights are back on the agenda.....Mmmm makes me feel all warm inside!!
 Grin
Regards
Alex

Wasim

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 07:14:10 AM »

I've been busy putting all the chrome back together

The small triangle windows are assembled - just need to put the glass in. So to are the rear tail lights - door handles are todays job.

Here's a picture of most of the stainless all polished.

And this is grill and front bumper - very pleased with how they have come up.

Regards, Wasim

South Australia
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 09:18:29 AM »

Geez Wasim, pass me the scalpel and mop my brow, talk about surgical presion!!

It all looks great, I like how you have used a number plate surround to mount the lights

Just a tip on the quarter vent windows, if you don't want them snapping shut on you when you pass 50 MPH make sure they are a little on the tight side to open and close

Like everyone else, I look forward to see it completed

Gary
Wasim

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2011, 08:45:55 PM »

Thanks Zulu,
                  I've pressed the rivet in the windows as much as possible and the windows are tight to open more out of not wanting the window to fall out! So it should be good - but thanks for the tip.

Wasim

South Australia
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2011, 09:50:44 PM »

Looks great Wasim,who did your chrome?

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Wasim

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2011, 09:10:30 AM »

Looks great Wasim,who did your chrome?

A Class Metal Finishers in Adelaide - did a great job - I'm very happy with it.

South Australia
Wasim

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2011, 09:14:46 AM »

I don't think I have posted the car numbers before (for those who may be interested)

Special Sedan

Body     FC 225   16993 - A
Trim     254 847
Paint    253 7773
Insert   252 5300
Top      253 7773

Ute

Body    FC 2106  3618 - A
Trim    352 648
Paint    256 2158

Regards, Wasim

South Australia
Wasim

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2012, 06:13:04 PM »

I still don't have the sedan back from the painters Huh (hopefully first week in March)

Have started collecting Tasman Rocket mags and bought a rotisserie ready for when I get stuck into the rust and sub frames etc.

Started to install the headers and triple SU's - the motor (it's not the motor I'll be using) is only there for trial fitting - had to cut the fire wall - and will build a 'box' and weld it in behind the last carby.

Wasim

South Australia
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »

Gee, if you have a partner don't let them see how talented you are at cleaning! Looking good. Can you please let me know the company who did your metal finishing as I am only 5 hours from there and may use this as a second option.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2012, 07:45:09 PM »

Hey Deano.do you mean who did the chrome?If so, go back 3 posts.... Wink

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2012, 07:47:41 PM »

ha I didnt read that properly lol cos I was hot from cutting the seals out in 36 degree heat. I just saw "A metal finisher in Adelaide". See how mental this all makes u  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Wasim

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2012, 09:10:07 PM »

If you're referring to the SU's - I polish all that stuff myself - I won't say it's 100% - but it's OK. I haven't finished yet - only the last carb (closest to the firewall) is anywhere near finished - I use an air powered die grinder with various polishing tips and have a set up with a big polishing wheel as well. I did all the stainless trim for the sedan myself. Takes hours but is worth it when it comes up well.

Wasim

South Australia
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2012, 10:53:56 PM »

Looks great Wasim!Saw those guards hanging up in a shed not far from here hehehe.SU's look great.My sister had an FC back in the 90's with and radical 192 and triple SU's.Went like stink but was a bitch to tune.Hey Deano,toughen up!It was 42 degrees while I was stripping my FC back and building my rotisserie!! Tongue Grin .Keep up the good work Wasim and the photos.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: