FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 04:00:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Grey Motor with Celica 5 Speed  (Read 1908 times)
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

Model: FC

My Ute

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2010, 08:26:31 PM »

Does anyone have the difference in measurement from the centre of the standard gearbox cross member (or somewhere easily identified) to where the celica box will have its cross member. Hopefully someone has the same setup.

I know I should have measured before hand but offcourse in a hurry and forgot.

Regards

Wayne
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 12:55:44 PM »

G'day Wayne, the standard grey box doesn't have a rear crossmember it's attached by two mounts at the front of the gearbox, I've found the best way is to slip whatever you're fitting into place and get your measurements that way, you will also find out if there are going to be other problems while you are at it too, It's no fun measuring things and going to all the trouble of making the brackets etc.  then finding something else is in the way and having to start again.
                    Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: