FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:34:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: outside sunvisor  (Read 4365 times)
fe1957
qld-club

Model: FE

Turbo Charged

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2010, 07:28:23 PM »

Hi, just wondering if anyone has some pointers on removing the aluminium trim that lines the front of the sunvisor.
I started but just seemed to bend the strip, thanks in advance Grant

OFE570
ekute

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 08:35:50 PM »

Yeah I have the same problem, trying to fix rust! Anyone?
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 10:12:50 PM »

You have to bend it a little to get it open and repair it when you close it up again - it's not the nicest job in the world.

Ken
fe1957
qld-club

Turbo Charged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 10:17:42 PM »

You have to bend it a little to get it open and repair it when you close it up again - it's not the nicest job in the world.

Ken

Ok, I thought as much thanks Ken ( I think  Grin )
cheers
Grant

OFE570
FX1975
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 12:02:59 PM »

What you need to do is get a block of wood place against the back edge of the strip on the top side and tap it gently with a mallet progressively working your way along.  You will need someone to hold the sunvisor sections for you as this will help stop you from hitting the strip too hard and damaging it. The same method can be used for the stainless strip along the gutter edge with the block of wood placed underneath and tapping gently with a mallet care needs to be taken not to bend the strip so you will need an assistant to help hold the strip as you are removing it
Cheers
Frank
fe1957
qld-club

Turbo Charged

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 04:35:32 PM »

What you need to do is get a block of wood place against the back edge of the strip on the top side and tap it gently with a mallet progressively working your way along.  You will need someone to hold the sunvisor sections for you as this will help stop you from hitting the strip too hard and damaging it. The same method can be used for the stainless strip along the gutter edge with the block of wood placed underneath and tapping gently with a mallet care needs to be taken not to bend the strip so you will need an assistant to help hold the strip as you are removing it
Cheers
Frank
[/quote

Cheers Frank, good advice I will let you know how I go.
grant

OFE570
fe1957
qld-club

Turbo Charged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 04:31:14 PM »

Woooo not for the faint hearted, managed to get the strips off with Frank's advice, will be interesting to get back on giving the wacking it got Grin, I think as Ken said I will open up the gap because my visor was unpainted under, so i am glad I did it as it should last another fifty years rust killed and primed.
cheers grant

OFE570
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: